Stutter and Stop at 10FPS introduced with World Update 3 still there with 1.14.6.0

Yes, it was only a marginal improvement…but any improvement that adds to the simulator at the moment is a bonus, as general performance is really bad! Roll on the day when we can get to see the full potential of the sim; and in-fact the full potential of our hardware that we pay a fortune for!

If this is of benefit to anyone, I’ve been looking at the low FPS and stutter over the last couple of days. I have now got further improvement by completely uninstalling the latest Nvidia drivers; back-dated by installing driver version 461.40 from January 2021. There is still minimal stutter but there has been a noticeable improvement; 461.40 seems to be the best driver for my configuration, considering the flaws that I have been experiencing with the sim. Despite the improvements, I am sure there are still underlying issues in the SIM itself. I set a system restore point then I did a ‘fresh’ driver install by removing the existing driver first (i didn’t just update). My performance is certainly better now. Leeds Bradford (Orbx install) is my go to departure location and i’m now getting 35 fps on ultra settings from the tarmac. 45(ish) FPS when up in the air. It was typically 20-25fps before with regular stutter.

apparently everything is fine now! Pause,Stutter, SIM is Unusable! - #39 by Ju1ius2416

1 Like