Stutter Stutter and more stutter

Since this sim has come out it’s been so disappointing from day one. I don’t know what to do. It’s been two years and I still can’t fly without major stuttering.
Tried to land at an airport just now and the stuttering was so bad around TPA, the program eventually crashed over the runway after a 2 hour flight! FML!!!

I have a pretty high end machine. No problems like this bad with xPlane graphics set to high. I’ve tried even the lowest settings and it still acts up. Graphics card are up to date.

I’m about a flight away from just deleting this thing once and for good. I can’t fly with stutters!
Any more ideas?

8 Likes

Moved to Community Support as this seems a request for assistance. The #bugs-and-issues categories are more to report simulator bugs using the provided template.

1 Like

Even the highest of the high end can struggle with this program. Turn down your settings to potato mode, or read the many other hundreds of threads on this issue.

4 Likes

I set everything to the lowest settings on the graphics sliders. Everything is set “low-end”. I swear I’ve read every single article on this and watched more than 10 videos on suggestions.
Major stuttering at TPA still with low end, 4k, HD, standard. Turned off internet, bing, ect.

All results the same. I don’t understand. XPlane works smoothly at high end.

Not sure if this helps. Ive got an Gsync-compatible screen. Its not that good when it comes to lower fps, as 30…ish. Ive always learned that vsync should be OFF everywhere (ncp, game). But turning Vsync ON in NCP helpt a lot for me, acutally - especially on ground. It also help in lets say DCS. I might be wrong (been told so), but it seem to work for me…at least for now.

I don’t think it’s a community issue. It’s a MSFS issue big time.

5 Likes

Tired it both ways. On. Off. 30fps, 50fps, 60fps. In the app. In the NVIDIA control panel. Same results.

to be sure:
you speak about 2D , or your existing topic about VR ?

Have you tried to disable Photogrammetry, as some users reported as performance issue ?
And of course can payware add-ons also cause performance decrease.

A good summary about the specs of your “high end machine” would be also nice :wink:

Yes I’ve tried that as well. Not VR, I can’t even get it to work properly regularly. And yes I Turned it on and off. No change at all. Especially at TPA. Also tried turning off and on a combo with bing maps.
I even tried the lowest resolution settings. TPA is still jacked up.

My machine is a gtx 1660 i7 32g ram

Guys. I’ve literally tried EVERYTHING. If it’s obvious in top posts about this. I’ve already tried it more than likely.

What about network?
LAN or WLAN?
Are other computers streaming at the same time?

the main problem is often the cpu, which kind of i7 is it ? And I assume 1080p ?

Under normal conditions you should be able to fly without stutters ( I know, there are exceptions ). You can may be made some screenshots from taskmanager to give us better idea whats happen ( the page with the details, and also cpu-per-core diagramm ).

Also mention the airplane you use. As example a a320 is much more cpu intensive as a c172. If you have other tools running in parallel, it would be also intressting.

1 Like

No. I’ve tried this both ways as well. Not only that, I pay extra package with my internet server to get the fastest speed.

Everything else runs smooth BUT MSFS. It HAS to be a bad bug.

I’m not sure how to look up specs in that detail. But I’m saying why is it behaving like this at the LOWEST settings. I’m talking everything set to low. Even screen resolutions are in the 3 digits. I brought the setting so low that everything was pixilated and still stutters.

I was trying out the new 737-700 over the last week or so.

But it does this with most planes

1 Like

well, open Taskmanager and make a screenshot similar to example ( ALT + print ) … best if you let MSFS runs in parallel.
( “snap” tool is also helpfull ) . The “per core diagram” you get with right click onto the “normal” single-cpu diagramm and choose “show logical processors”.

The 737 is of course cpu intensive. For finding issues we should start at the smaller planes like the C172, and also regions on which you not have add-ons.

Intressting would be if you get also stutters in low-dense areas ( e.g some in desert ).

example Taskmanager shot:

Read through this thread, if you haven’t already.

It’s because it’s your cpu. I have 8700k and it’s bogging down hard . When I fly at 10,000 ft or higher it’s smooth. When I’m on ground taxing, depart under 10,000, approach under 10,000, landing ….it’s horrible. I just placed order for z690 & 12700k. I’m dumping my z390/8700k. I already got a 3080 . My bottleneck is the cpu/board .

1 Like

I own same cpu :wink: … you have to aware about the LOD settings. Not go higher that 200 in dense areas, better 150.

EDIT: I also forgot to mention. I run my 8700k in OC mode “sync all cores”, so I boost all my cores to 4.7GHZ . It needs a slighty voltage adjust and good airflow.

2 Likes

I’d never looked at the task manager in this much detail before in-sim, but here’s mine with maxed settings flying the 737 over southern France. No stuttering in a few days. Quite smooth. Aside from using the ‘skinny’ NVIDIA driver, I’m not really doing anything special. It would be great if they could normalize performance. 'Hope you get it sorted!

1 Like

well, your system is compared to the OPs system, much more powerfull :slight_smile:

We had in parallel a chat with the OP and trying some things. e.g. it was Geforce Auto-Optimization enabled etc.

The gtx1660 can also limit some things, as we see within the screenshot. So the game setting needs a bit fine-tuned. I also hope we find a setting for him that works well…

The system " stock 8700k /16gig RAM / gtx1660 " should be able to run the game in 1080p / tLOD 100 / Medium setting (as starting point) well. If that not works, we need more ideas about possible reasons :slight_smile: