Stutter Stutter and more stutter

I’ve been getting horrendous performance today. PG wasn’t working - Rome looked completely decimated. Very sad. I’ve now turned PG OFF and won’t be going back.

where can i set the LOD?

Came across this today have tried it myself but I wasn’t having a stutter issue anyway. Didn’t personally see an increase in fps saw maybe 1 fps increase by turning off memory compression. It’s really easy thing to try to see if it helps you or not can quickly be reset all explained in vid. It’s meant to help reduce Probably not worth doing if you have less the 32gb Ram though, but no harm trying.

my specs:
3080ti
64gb ram
i9-9900k oc’d to 4.8ghz

Leaving mine on.Turning it off made my sim more unstable and I tend to run background apps like AIG! Got 32gb of ram.

1 Like

Basically, it’s been a mess since the last update. I had no problem before.

1 Like

fair enough he does say it depends on your hardware just though id share might work for someone

well, within the Graphics settings… the parameter below the Anti-Alising setting.

And also dont forget:

I tried uninstalling all payware and freeware. Uninstalled the flight simulator and then reinstalling. I still have the same problem regardless. I feel like I’m losing my mind. Do you guys have the same problem? I contacted Microsoft and they said to return it to its vanilla state. Well, I’ve done all that and still nowhere.

the next sentence you duplicate into multiple topics :frowning:

What about your own topic ? why not dicuss your pionts within these ?

I can only repeat what users already answered to you in the other topics:

• PG can cause stutters, but not must do it. I assume its not the PG itself, it is the streaming of data… but who knows.
  • MODs can cause stutters, but this you can easy find out - simple try a Cessna
  • the main point to reduce stutters on ground is the LOD setting
  • I don’t get more fps drops than in former releases, except the new PG areas which seems depends on server-fitness or what msfs have to load on data

THX. i will try it

Asobo, don’t get mad, but you sold a very nice product before you finished it.

2 Likes

Asobo should need to figure out a way to fix the problem, not the player tweaking the LOD or any settings to work with Asobo, because other games aren’t that bad.

5 Likes

Agreed, this is an issue that came in around SU5 or SU6. I have been living with it now for that long. Like you have tried everything and the stutter is still there. Something fundamental chamged in those updates that has made this sim less enjoyable which is a shame, as i still love it, but hate it sometimes (usually within tyhe last 50 feet of touchdown and on finals!!)

1 Like

and more of this, its supposed we have all to love “top gun and fighT planes”. I hate war things, even planes.
but…
money is money…

What helped my stuttering was to turn the Terrain Level of Detail down to 100… There is really very little difference between 100 and 400, unless you go looking for it, Comparing screen shots etc…

1 Like

This really changed my life. Never had the sim running so smooth:

Murph’s Tip - Process Lasso - Real-Time CPU Optimization and Automation by Bitsum

There is a fantastic freeware program that can have a very positive effect on the performance in MSFS. Especially making things a little bit smoother. Process Lasso comes as a freeware program (payware version also available with a little more customisation).

It has pre-defined profiles that manage system power and CPU balance. I recommend Performance Mode - you can select this from the Main menu drop down. Once you have the Sim running, open Process Lasso and click on Active processes. Right click on the MSFS.exe file and make the following changes. Priority Class > Always > High. Then go to the next option, CPU Affinity > Always > Select all CPU Threads.

and a very negative effect… as we know from a lot of forum posts not sooo long ago… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Disabling live online traffic did the trick for me. I am now playing with offline AI (40% density) and there’s almost zero stuttering. It feels like playing another game :smiley:

1 Like

For me was following sucssesfull

1. clear DATA Cach
  2. delete content.xml ( will create new after new start)

Store Version: C:\Users\wolfg\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe/LocalCache

This “fix” is nonsense IMO. Windows does use all CPU cores by default, there’s no reason why this should be different.

1 Like