Stutter Stutter and more stutter

yep.. but as long as the users trust such clickbait videos, they also “believe” that they can see 0.01fps more if they do that kind of useless changes :joy:

To be fair i did find our recently that it should be using all cores by default. I guess the guy must have purposely set it wrong on purpose just to make a video. ill get rid of the link.

I don’t believe all these video’s quite often it’s worth just checking things are set up correctly though.

A few seconds after take-off MSFS froze. After a minute or so, a juddering resumption of the flight, another 15 seconds and the same story. I rebooted and started MSFS ‘clean’ without Accuseason, Weatherforce and so on. Same issues arose. Restarted and ran in Safe mode – flew a problem-free flight from Verona to Genoa.
Not sure what to do next.
Robert

Intel Core i7-10700
32GB (2 x 16GB) Kingston Hyper X 3600 PC4-28800 CL18 XMP2.0
Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 10GB
Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Pro AX with Intel base WiFi 6 (802.11ax)
BeQuiet! 850W Straight Power 11
250GB nvme SSD + 1TB nvme SSD - both WD SN750
BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Windows 10 Home

This blew my mind, it worked for me, very few stutters at all now.

Hi. Sorry, but what solution worked out for you? =)

I set my resolution up to (render scale)150 on the in game slider,
And even with terrain lod at 200 I’m getting way better performance. Everything set on ultra.
Google maps really messed up my sim for a long time, even after it’s all deleted it leaves remnant files in a host file that don’t get deleted, even if you reinstall msfs from scratch.

Got the same problem with i9 10900kf, rtx 3090, 32gb ram and nvme ssd.
I’m learning to live with it now.

techteam cant fix the sim… its their problem not everyone elses.Just flew from lax to sfo smooth until descent and approach.

The stuttering on my laptop starts when the Nvidia 2060-M GPU temperature reaches 77°C. At that temperature performance throttling starts until the GPU temperature is reduced to ~65 °. Normal operation then resumes until the GPU reaches again 77°C. This temperature decrease is quite fast and lasts approximatively 5s. With my setup and a typical GA flight the whole cycle takes roughly 30s.

Looking for a solution, I discovered that my ASUS Pro-Art laptop was using a so called “standard” cooling policy that limits the max rpm of the fans to reduce the noise level. By selecting a “performance” policy the situation improved : it took longer to reach the 77°C limit while flying, but it was not sufficient to keep indefinitely the GPU temp. below 77°C. The stuttering was still appearing, but less frequently.

I had to slightly raise by a few milimeters the rear of my laptop to improve the cooling airflow to completely suppress the stuttering.

So in case of stuttering : using task manager, monitor the GPU temp while you play and note the temperature at which the stuttering starts. Then clean you fans, suppress any “silent” mode and make sure that your air inlets and outlets are not (even partially) obstructed. If the thermal design of your PC is correct this should keep the GPU below its throttling temperature.

Hope this helps.

Final note : the 77°C limit is probably GPU dependant.

My sim has become unplayable. After the lastest update, the stuttering begins on the early stages of cruise phase. The aircraft starts to roll dramatically from one side to the other. Initially I thought it was a severe turbulence, but then I noticed it actually was the autopilot and the control surfaces that were moving the airplane so badly. Due to the stutters, the A/P sends strong inputs to compensate the long time while the aircraft is unstable.

I began with high-end settings from departure, with no issues at alI through the flight. When I encountered the problem at cruise altitude, I tried decreasing the settings to low-end, with no positve changes. Please view the videos below for better understanding.

CPU: Intel i9-10900X
RAM: Corsair 32GB RAM
HDD: Samsung 1TB SSD PCIe NVMe M.2
OS: Windows 11

Running add-ons:
PMDG 737
FSDT GSX
Rex Weather Force 2020
Navigraph (simlink)
Fergo CDU
FSLTL Traffic Injector

I have exactly the same issues. I had those behavior before Update 10. Then, with update 10, it looked like kind of fixed but after the last update it got even worse. A real pain and sad not to be able to fly.

The framerate drops from around 45 to 2-4 frames and the GPU lowers its rate to around 220 Mhz.

I tried disabling all add-ons, increased and decreased graphical settings, nothing seems to be able to avoid it.

My specs:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
B550 Chipset
32 GB Ram
Geforce 3800Ti
Samsung 1TB SSD PCIe NVMe M.2
Windows 11 Pro

WAN: 400 Mbit

Update:

I followed the recommendations from this video (DON’T CHANGE THE START UP SELECTION, KEEP IT AS NORMAL START UP), and now my sim is running flawlessly:

Very happy with the results.

For your info: My gameplay has never been as smooth as it is now - and it seem to be stable. What have MS done with the servers? =) =)

Honestly the sim has become a huge stutter fest to the point I have stopped flying it. Until MSFS / Asobo gets to grip & fixes this I am done flying for now.

Im done with the sim too

In my case, I found out after a long time of troubleshooting that the culprit was the Rolling Cache. I cleared it and the stutter was gone.

It returned after a month or so, cleared the Rolling Cache again, and the stutter was gone again.

I have tried it all…rolling cache cleared,turned off, turned on…Graphic settings lowered…Drivers updated…Checked internet speeds ( 400mbs). Nothing worked until I saw a video from a German guy on youtube that suggested lowering all the settings in Traffic. I couldn’t believe it but it WORKED. Raised all my settings back up and all is fine now…not one stutter. I cannot find his video on youtube again or I would post a link to it. I hope this helps someone else.

–UPDATE
I just gave it another shot and disabled real-time traffic and cleared rolling cache again and restart. looks good for now.

–Original post----------------------------
I’m also having a lot of lagging issues after the last update. even the world map stutters… I tried running it with no add-ons too. so basically it lags all over the place. world map, airports, even when flying over 40000ft and trying to move the camera… I tried switching the DX versions too but no luck. everything was perfectly fine before the update.

PC specs are like below;

Intel i9 12900K
RTX 4090
2x32gb ddr5 5600mhz

Just FYI.
I’m getting no stutters or lags.
i9-9900K CPU
Z390 MB
Intel A770 LE 16 GB GPU
4K Ultra
TAA
DX12
T LoD = 400
O LoD = 900

Of course, I get FPS ~ 25.
If that does not bother you. Not to me.