Stuttering after the Hotfix version 1.15.8.0

I have experienced this 1 second very regular stutter.
CPU, GPU and memory usages were all well within control, so no issue on that side.

I noticed that the stuttering is linked to the display of the name a friend. There were 2 planes following me, one being a friend (aka i can see him on the map), the other not. They could see my plane stuttering. Also when displaying their name in flight, the friend displayed the type of aircraft and the distance to me, not the other plane (this is normal behaviour). However, the friend plane was blinking exactly at the moment of the stutters, the other plates weren’t blinking at all and were displayed normally. Also, when landing, the friend plane was invisible, the other one was visible.

I hope that with these clues, the devs can understand what’s going on.
I believe the Windows patch is unrelated to this.

1 Like

This happens when someone in the area is in a paint you dont have. We experimented with this last night and its repeatable every time. No idea what Asobo have changed but it needs to be changed back! MP is a stutterfest.

1 Like

Okay, thanks, I will try that …

1 Like

Hey there,

I can confirm your findings 100%.
Bad pulsating stutter since the hotfix, not able to fly or even operate the cockpit.

Thought it would be the Windows Update, the overclocked 3090… nothing helped.
Even going to low-seetings and 720p didn‘t improve things.

Then I found the hint to disable the multiplayer and well… it works!!!

Hope they can iron out the issue asap.

How to reset those ?

Looks different then other exe files

Try this, about 0:45 sec

windows start key
GAME MODE —> set to OFF
GRAPHICS SETTINGS —> set Hardware-accelerated GPU Scheduling set to ON

I have utlization GPU now about 99% before 30-50%, double FPS

Any Acknowledgement from Asobo that the hotfix has messed things up?! My sim was running really nicely before it and now even if I drastically lower settings it is a stuttery unenjoyable mess.

If they aren’t going to fix that anytime soon then it least let me roll back to the pre hotfix as what that fixed was not much of a problem for me anyway!

I’ve faced the issue when i tried to take off from Atlanta International airport. It was horrible…Not only at take off but during flight. Then i took off from KJFK and everything was perfect. Could someone please try the Atlanta airport to see if the performance is so awful? I usually fly over Europe with no issues so far.

Yeah they know the situation. I hope they sort it ASAP. Its seriously messed things up for me just when I’d gotten my VR experience where I wanted it.

My sim is pooched, even after uninstalling kb5001330. It’s an ongoing joke at this point. Been hit with every bug with a high end system. 9900k 64gb RAM, 3090. Before SU3 I could fly most anywhere in full Ultra, res scale pumped up, and with insane LODS anywhere, terrain and objects 7.00 and 7.00 in the most dense PG. Now its a stuttershow once again with standard settings. Even in the most remote areas. Only had a short period after last hotfix, the one that actually worked, to fly

Baisse de FPS quand je glisse l’écran VFR sur mon deuxième écran de 40FPS je descend à 10 FPS pareil pour l’écran ATC ainsi que les autres .Ils faut que je les éteignes pour retrouver une partie de mes FPS

It is bad and was bad since the UK update.It just got worse.What GPU are you running and how much ram do you have? I doubt a top of the line GPU would make a big difference.
Its a lot worse than JFK and KLAX. Asobo have not addressed this area since the sim has launched. I mentioned to them to reduce the trees in the Atlanta area where its still covering roads and houses putting a burden on the GPU and RAM.

1 Like

Hi. I have RTX 2060 super 8GB and 64GB Ram. I thought that the problem had to do with my pc

it’s amazing, I was flying with more frames and less shuttering in August when I had an i7 and 1080 ti, than today with a Ryzen 3950x and 3090 …

i’m very tired.

6 Likes

I really hope we get a hotfix for this soon. About 50% of the sim is more or less unplayable for me.

RTX 3080
5600X

2 Likes

I agree, very poor show, yes every piece of software has bugs, but if this is down to the MS update KB5001330, you would think someone would have sorted as soon as issues started? After all, MS is marketing this product, as well as it is sold under the MS license. In particular, when I am at the most crucial stage, the landing, when on finals, my frame rate drops so bad that it’s like I looking at a cheap time laps CCTV. Try landing under that.

Same stutter issues here. I stop buying products at the MSFS marketplace until Asobo manages to provide at least 5 updates without causing any issues.

2 Likes

Stutter is something new for me. I got it with version 1.15.8.0 and WU France. I could help myself by going back to NVidia driver 457.30. Before 1.15.8.0 I was happy with 465.89 and 466.11.

I heard about the buggy MS-Windows 10 (2004) patch KB5001330 and yes, I HAVE A CORRELATION BETWEEN STUTTER AND KB5001330 ON MY COMPUTER.

I will update my zendesk bug report #103177 Stutter after MSFS 2020 version 1.15.8.0

Without KB5001330 I have no stutter with NVidia driver 465.89, but still less fps then I have with 457.30. Therefore I stay with the old driver. I have a NVidia 1660 Super and do no VR.

Update: I read that KB5001330 is an IMPORTANT patch for MS-Windows. Therefore I tested NVidia 457.30 and KB5001330 together on my MS-Windows 10 2004. I say: The old NVidia driver 457.30 has no problem with KB5001330. Only the new drivers 465.89 and 466.11 produce stutter together with KB5001330.

This constellation is perfect for finger pointing: Microsoft says: the NVidia driver is the culprit and NVidia says: KB5001330 is broken. So much fun!

OK, from a Twitch stream, it’s apparently “common knowledge” (not really), but the cause is linked to the livery.

If :

1. two players fly the same plane
  2. one has a livery that the other one doesn’t have

the second player will suffer the slide show.

We checked that because my plane was causing stutter on another player’s game. By removing the livery that the other player didn’t have, the issue immediately stopped. (i had the developer mod on, si I could change plane in game)
Also, if I changed server while in flight, the issue immediately stopped as well, and when i came back to the same server with the livery, i started to blink again for the other player.

3 Likes

I know this was a big topic of conversation but it seems as if the hotfix and maybe other fixes have made it less of a hot topic but I’m still having truly awful frames. Sitting in the A32NX in singapore with no scenery I’m getting like 5 frames. I’m also having the issue of it being smooth and then having a 1 second freeze every 5 seconds or so. I’m not a big tech person and I only have 16GB RAM and I want to upgrade but I don’t really know how and don’t know if it will make a difference. Are there any other fixes that I could try? Thanks!