Stuttering problem

Also I don’t know if its placebo, but not only is the sim holding a steadier framerate, but my clouds are looking so much better too. I don’t see the grainy mess that they’ve become. I dunno, maybe I’m going out on a whim, but win 11 seems to have given me the best days flying, and my sim has also never looked so good

No placebo, they even promote it as more game friendly

1 Like

Same for me on Windows 11… super smooth. I’ve noticed 11 handless memory and processing much better than 10. Almost all running programs use less memory and less cpu than they did in 10. I’ve noticed every game I have run isn’t necessarily faster, but for for sure much smoother than on 10.

2 Likes

This is definitely my next move!

I have got rid of the stutters but I had to do some deletes. I deleted the Orbx NZ mesh which got rid of stutters when flying in NZ but still had stutters in other locations. Then I switched off Photogrammetry and the stutters disappeared totally. So I am back in the game until a fix comes along, maybe in the next update. Of course this means I am missing out on the PG parts of the World and don’t have decent mesh in other parts. Come on Asobo, pull your finger out and fix this.

Since SU6 I’ve also been noticing some stutters. Mainly when panning around the camera in the cockpit. I’ve narrowed it down to terrain LOD being set too high. If I have terrain LOD set above 200 I noticed the stuttering get worse. This issue doesn’t seem to be related to FPS drops as FPS remains stable when the stutters occur.

Specs: GTX 1080 TI, Ryzen 9 5900x running on a Corsair MP 600 ssd. With ultra to high settings.

I’ve also had this issue, and I’m on Xbox Series X.

most likely wifi or internet connection

Same here with Xbox SX.
Since SimUpdate 6 I have stutter issues while using fast left/right view. Furthermore I‘ve noticed some crackling noises while camera is moving in cockpit.
This exists since SimUpdate 6. before, it was running so smoothly.
Anyone else having the same issue on Xbox Series X?

1 Like

I experience them when I use LOD 400. For my GTX970 it is a bit brave, I think:))) With LODs 200 or 100 no stutters for me.

1 Like

I am hardwired into a 1gbs fiber connection. I don’t think it’s related to a streaming issue for me.

Yeah I’m quickly realizing that the terrain LOD slider is a future hardware slider. Even current hardware can’t fully utilize the tech. I’m sure someday our PC’s will be able to run at 400 on ultra with stable frame rates

Running it on 400 has no difference except for sharpness and blur than 200? It is the same as using orth zoom level 13 and 19 L O L

You’re not on Xbox, AlPhAcEnTuRiOn2 is and he doesn’t even have a LOD slider.

Yes, I’m experiencing exactly the same issues as you. I’m also on Xbox Series X.

1 Like

Yes, I understand. It’s not just related to the terrain LOD slider. So it’s not just a PC specific issue.

Every Xbox is identical (in it’s series) and there are many thousands not complaining … that only leaves data transfer from the MS servers to his machine.

After all the problems we’ve had since day one, this is the most frustrating to deal with.
Been a flight simmer for 25 years and tried everything I can think of but to no avail.
Please give this problem a priority, I have invested a lot of money and trust in this fine program

2 Likes

I posted this in the Poor Performance thread.
Poor performance on the ground - Bugs & Issues / Install, Performance & Graphics - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums
Yes, that does understandingly seem like the only solution thus far, however I don’t understand why it has come down to this complete reinstall of both products though. You have two MS products with Windows and MSFS, with obviously some sort of issue that developed after the install of WU6 causing major photogrammetry issues for many. This is something they need to address and remedy with a fix. I love the product, I will always continue to support the product, but having to do complete reinstalls every single time there is an issue seems so antiquated at this stage.

MSFS/Asobo… Please investigate this issue.
Tickets only get us so far, and if there are not enough votes it may not be under consideration. If it is under consideration, it would be great to give us a proper mention.

4 Likes

Not sure if we are talking about the same thing so here is a description of what I have been experiencing for the last 3 or 4 days (and have NEVER experienced before under any update).

Issue:

Load into sim (takes forevvvvver in SU6)
Sitting on runway, everything fine, frames great.
Start takeoff roll, everything fine, frames great.
At around 30 to 50 knots frames TANK to around 3 or 4.
Suffer thru (without crashing if possible) and slide show continues
Reach 300 to 500 ft, everything fine, frames great.
Reverse the above for approach.

I made not setting changes prior to the issue starting for the record. It literally seemed to have 'just appeared out of nowhere.

Turning PG off solves the issue, turn it back on and you turn the slide show back on.

SU6 was running great on my system until this. Not sure if it’s related (but seemed to coincide), I cannot save any graphics setting changes since this problem appeared.

Question:

Is the PG nightmare a system issue, Asobo issues, server issue or some combo.?

I am close to pulling the trigger on a reinstall but do not want to go thru that hassle just to find out it will not eliminate the problem.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2 Likes