Stuttering problem

Sounds to me that data isn’t getting to vram quick enough, I’m not sure that’s down to MS/Asobo

MSFS has always been very smooth with photogrammetry turned on at the highest settings… butter smooth in fact… and I have been playing since the very first day of the Alpha before release. Literally downloaded the WU6 update and was playing a minute later, well let’s say I was no longer able to use the sim with photogrammetry, even at ultra-low settings. Once photogrammetry is turned off, it runs butter smooth again at the highest settings. This is the issue that many are reporting… it appears that we all share something in common with our systems, but what is it? Updated to Windows 11, re downloaded the sim, no difference whatsoever, issue is still persistent. Many users who have performed a clean reinstall of Windows and reinstalling MSFS are finding success with this issue.

1 Like

Did you make sure to delete and then reset your rolling cache? and manual if you have any

The very first thing everyone did… rolling cache, check the community folder etc. Tried it all… that’s why these threads continue, hoping to get enough recognition where MS/Asobo takes notice, or someone really smart on the forums figures it out…

1 Like

To be honest you are the only stutterer I’ve seen on here that says it runs smoothly with PG turned off. I suspect virtual memory is being used so maybe the last update cut into your empty drive space. Do a disk cleanup making sure to click the clean system button and you’ll probably find a few GBs. Make sure to trim afterwards.

I will definitely try that… thank you! BTW, this is the other thread.
Poor performance on the ground - Bugs & Issues / Install, Performance & Graphics - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

1 Like

I’ll have a look but if I remember rightly it was full of ‘I don’t have mods, I’m only using the FBW, Navigraph and Vatsim’ kind of thing. :rofl:

Looking at the dates most of that was probably MS server issues, even I got hit although not badly and it has cleared up since. That and folk that were previously limited to LOD 200 randomly deciding their PC’s could now handle LOD 400

There are lots of people who have that issue. I get 5-8 fps with photogrammetry on in the middle on nowhere on the ground and 70 fps as soon as I turn it off. Even if there is no actual photogrammetry anywhere near the place.
If you look back in this thread, there are at least 20 people who experience this exact same thing that was introduced after one of the updates.

Cache, clean disk, empty drive, no add-ons, safe mode, nothing helps. I have 250gb free space on my drive.

2 Likes

Including you I count 3 that actually said no problem with it off, as I said above there were also server problems happening around that time too.
If it was a bug it probably would be affecting everyone. It’s very strange behaviour, could it be that antivirus has decided it must inspect everything from the PG servers?

Yes in this thread, but look here

Tried windows defender completely OFF. Also added MSFS as an exemption. No difference. Looks like some windows files got corrupted after the update. Or there is a conflict with one of software we have installed (people with this issue). I really do not know. The only solution so far is a clean Windows install.

Well if reinstalling cures it then sure why not but I would suggest completely fresh from an ISO so anything else on that drive will need backing up elsewhere (and having once cleaned the wrong drive I suggest unhooking it from the mainboard too).

With PG on when panning the camera around, the CPU main thread goes crazy and GPU drops to almost zero.

The problem is that I have a lot of software installed (also for work) and it would take days of reinstalling everything to get back to a normal state in terms of software.

3 Likes

You could try the Windows 11 upgrade, it never touched any of my data (although you must still back it up for safety) just few of my programs that were easily reinstalled. It took very little time and is easily reverted.

Some users who experienced this PG issue tried it, and it does not solve the issue. Only a clean install does.

Then I don’t know what to suggest except update everything.

Yes, it is really weird. Definitely, some Windows files or settings got messed up and those settings carry on if you do not do a clean install. Or perhaps some conflict with other software that stay installed still causing conflict if you upgrade windows.

Thanks for trying to help though.

That’s OK, I must admit all this groundbreaking memory and data handling MS/Asobo have turned to is now starting to flummox my brain. I’ve always managed to fix stuff before although having a broken PC here and now definitely helps

hello, I am having the same problem. Has anyone found a solution? What did zendesk say?

Another here