Stutters after recent update (1.29.30.0)

I recently started having micro-stutters in MSFS after the small update earlier this week, which I believed was related to the INI a310. For reference, i’m on PC, with the following Specs:
i9 12900K, No O/C
RTX 3090, No O/C
64GB DDR4 RAM
MSFS is installed on a Samsung 980 PRO m.2 drive.
Monitor is a 43" 4K gaming monitor, 144Hz, however My resolution setting is 1440 in the sim.

I have scaled back both Terrain LOD and Object LOD to 150 as I previously thought this was the source of the stutters. However after completed a 3 hour flight in the Fenix A320, landing in KORD, you can see the red micro stutters as indicated in the Dev mode FPS reader in the screenshot below

When I first started my flight and loaded into the sim, the main thread (yellow bar) was solid yellows and some greens, not stutters whatsoever. I have had this issue in the past where running the sim for 3+ hours will develop these really frustrating stutters after a while.

Below is a screenshot of my task manager taken at the same time of the above screenshot showing that my CPU, GPU and system memory were nowhere close to being overwhelmed at the time of stutter. There is clearly plenty of headroom so I am very confused as to what could be the cause of the stuttering.

gbgg

After I restarted the sim, loaded up at the exact same gate at KORD at the exact same UTC time, the stutters were almost completely gone and my FPS had almost doubled, see screenshot below.

I have tried numerous fixes including clearing the cache in data settings. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

As an addon, no, GSX does not cause any FPS drops or Stutters for me. I tested this both with and without that addon running. Also forgot to mention my settings are on Ultra

4 Likes

I also suddenly have stutters after the small update released today December 1, 2022.

I also run Task Manager, in my case on the laptop screen while flying on the big screen, and I also noticed that as of today only, my GPU is maxing out at 50% and no CPU thread is above 50%.

Before the update my performance at locked 30 fps with Terrain LOD 300 was remarkably smooth, GPU was always 90-100% and my 12th CPU logical processor was almost always pushing 100%.

Somehow this latest update is only using a fraction of the processing power available in this PC. No wonder there are stutters when I was using the sim today. The stutters got so bad that the Azure ATC voices were distorted for a bit, not to mention jerkiness when trying to pan.

Restarting the computer and FS2020 did not help.

1 Like

Also having stuttering issue on screen and it’s even worse in VR since the last update. It was so bad, I uninstalled MS2020 and reinstalled it, still horrible in VR. Things were butter smooth with most settings on Ultra prior to the last update.

3 Likes

There was a mandatory 1.6gb update that was pushed on Xbox today, following SU11 and the recent 3.5gb earlier this week. Have you tried updating the game?

I can’t speak for anyone else, but my problem started post-patch.

1 Like

It’s stuttering over here as well, like crazy. It started after the last patch of dec 1.

I wish Asobo would stop messing with whatever is causing these stutters. it was buttery smooth before! Why do they have to break it again? lol… so frustrating!

6 Likes

All - Had one stutter this evening taxing out for TO at KCHS, only one I remember, however PMDG 737 kept giving me failures (not set) and finally had to terminate flight. Tomorrow again, once I make sure all failures are turned off.

I have the same problems. My flights start off o.k., but after a few minutes the stutter starts and gets worse as the flight continues. After a short while it is almost impossible, It is like watching a slideshow.

5 Likes

Yup that’s my experience as well… Starts off ok-ish, but then gets progressively worse. Actually even in the menu screen the globe isn’t smooth either. The whole thing is just botched.

1 Like

Same here, i have nothing changed,…beginning is fine,…LFPG to LOWW, after 30 mins stuttering is starting,…also fans of graphicgard stopped working,…somthing is wrong after the last update…

3 Likes

Here to. Had everything running really well. Then midflight became a stutter fest.
I am getting sim ptsd from all this again.

2 Likes

Same with me, mainthread went crazy, 2 days ago everything was fine.

Everything is running smoothly today with full GPU and CPU utilization as it was before yesterday. I made no changes to anything.

Server issues yesterday maybe?

I’ll test tonight and see

My problem has been more long term. My performance peaked at SU 8 and has been steadily declining with the release of SU 9 & 10. SU 11 is worst of all, with the sim becoming virtually unflyable on the first approach to any airport, the stuttering is so bad. What is odd is that if I go around and circle the pattern again, the stuttering stops on subsequent approaches to the same runway.

1 Like

All - I am convinced that the “massive amount of internet” interaction this sim has to do, is reason we are having so many issues. The game should download and store locally the complete flight, begining and all spots in-between and the end/approach all of it. Then as need, just like other programs do now, page in and out the data. If 1,000,000 + users are flying this thing all at once (or zillions of users) at some point the sim will be impacted by all that activity.

Ummmm, what do you mean? All the visuals? What if you only pick a start point with no destination?

Yep, that would be online then not local. Still Internet is the hog in the room.

Same issue here unfortunately after the latest patch…

me to,runs best before,now a mess :-1:
maintrad allways red now,even lower settings,the same…

before all was green,use PC