Stutters after recent update (1.29.30.0)

Regardless of graphics settings and/or online settings (ie disabling live weather, multiplayer) mainthread latency appears to have doubled and one single CPU core is flatlining at 100% constantly, which it didn’t before.

1 Like

Same here, :smirk:but I updated the nvidia driver too. I don’t know what happened.

I’ve rolled back to 3 different versions of the Nvidia driver and it has no noticeable impact. The final SU11 update was fine, so something has changed in the last couple of minor patches.

In order to keep flying until they fix the stutter problem, try this. It workes for me.
I choose my airports and plane. Then press FLY. After everything loads and ready to take off, I turn off WiFi and then choose Off-Line mode. I can then fly my route without any problems. I have only tried this so far with short hops of 100 miles or so.

1 Like

Not to pile on to this thread but I’ve noticed a bit of stutters on certain add-ones after this December update. The issue seems to affect the FBW A32NX and HW A339X add ons, more so than the others I use (PMDG 737 and Aerosoft CRJ haven’t observed it on those). Not sure as to what happened but this was not really an issue on the original SU11 release.

I may submit a bug report via ZenDesk to see if it helps…

On my side i have crazy stutters short before landing and on touchdown. No matter which plane or airport.

1 Like

I had degrading performance in flight as well. Started with 50 in TFFR and down to 15 after an two hour flight. For now I disabled toolbar pushback and tatami marks and it works again for me. Maybe something you guys could try for a flight. at least once.

Does anybody have any idea why Ive had to install version 1.29.30 more than once? This is the third time it has updated to this version but wont stick. Each time I load the Sim I have to re-download multiple world updates and all my third party content.

Same problem here. When I started the flight everything is completely smooth. After about 30 to 45 minutes, the stuttering begins. In the end, the plane is unflyable. The problem only occurs to me with the Fenix ​​A320 and not with the FBW A320 or the Headwind A330.

Ok This is the 4th time now its has happened.

Stillhaving stutters here too. I’ve beenmessingwith the graphics settings, the deytail levels, disabled the roling cache, disabled set traffic type to off,etc,but there’s just something fundamentally wrong with MSFS now. Especially in VR there’s constant microstutters.As long as I look straight ahead they aren’t as noticable,but when I look off to the side it’s awful.

So comeon Asobo, you broke it, now fix it1 I’d pay good money to go to the point it was before the latest ‘update’.

Here’s a screenshot of my CPU usage… surelythose peaks aren’t normal, are they?

My CPU is being overloaded for some reason in-game. The GPU isn’t even registering. Not sure what’s going on. It started this morning, I thought it was just a fluke on arrival in KSAT. Now I’m trying another flight KPDX-KSAT and about 45 min into cruise it becomes a slide show. I’m running a 5800X3D and a RTX2700 Super.

Joined specifically for this issue.

I9-12900k, 4090, 64GB Ram

I’ve noticed a single bad stutter upon landing at a major airport…occurs about 100 to 300 feet up. This hasn’t happened since back in 2020. It’s like the airport loads and there’s a pause, then back to normal.

It occurs about 90% of the time since the most recent update you all have mentioned.

I’m playing totally vanilla save for PMDG 737.

1 Like

Also running in VR on the Reverb G2

Still here too. It seems worse around airports, for any of the possible suspect reasons.

1 Like

Also Joined specifically for this issue.

I9-12900k, RTX 3080, 32GB Ram

bad stutter upon landing at a major airport…occurs about 100 to 300 feet up. I have a newly built PC no addons and FS2020 has been flawless up until recently. It occurs about 95% of the time and gets worse depending on the airport complexity.

This seems to be an issue with FS2020 based on the previous posts. Should I wait for a fix or roll back the updates until issue is gone?

I’m playing totally vanilla save for PMDG 737.

1 Like

The 737 is the plane I am getting exactly those issues you described. I seem to be getting a flawless experience in everything including FENIX which should be more demanding.

I had this for the 1st time in ages over the weekend.

I just installed a new harddrive to put all my community folder stuff on and thought it might have been the cause. The harddrive i just added for addons isnt ssd but the harddrive the game is installed on is.

My question is, does the game access this harddrive during flight or just on loading? If not i can rule that out.

I have seen the same problem several times now. Takeoff with FBW A320 in bad weather conditions at bigger airports is not a big problem, but from landing and taxiing I feel stuttering and jerking when rolling and turning very clearly. This has not been the case for long. 5800X3D and 6800XT should actually manage that.

I turned off photogrammetry and the sim runs silky smooth at low level flight. (500 ft.)

Prior to this issue, I’ve been running a new PC built for FS2020 with a fresh install of Win11 and FS2020 for about 8 months. I typically fly the A320 NEO gate to gate 1-2 hour flights. The sim is set at pretty much ultra everything and had been running very smooth.

I think it was the beginning of Dec when it started to get choppy while landing or at low level flight. Nothing had changed and I don’t run addons.

I believe there’s an issue with photogrammetry because when I disabled it, the sim again ran smooth. (Downtown Vancouver at 60 fps). Turned it back on, restarted the sim and the chop came back. So now I run it disabled until it’s fixed.

Glad I didn’t make a ton of changes trying to chase down the issue.

I9-12900K
RTX3080
32GB Ram
SSD
Asus ROG Strix

1 Like