Stutters increasing during flight, climax on approach

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No, but tried - no difference

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

No, but tried - no difference

Brief description of the issue:

The sim runs smooth with VSync set to 1/2 framerate = 30fps, however with increasing flighttime stutters occure and are worsening on approach. Experts with superior systems encounter the same:

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

https://youtu.be/R0vEOhqd-Ko?t=6124

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Try a longer flight flight

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

I9 9900k with RTX 2080, stable 30fps throughout, but recently stutters occur after some flight duration (30 min +, guessing)

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

latest

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Haven’t had those stutters on takeoff, but obviously something seems to be going on. Here’s another youtuber encountering bad stutters on takeoff from LPPT just today. Claims he never had issues before when flying in and out of there. Similar to my expieriences in the last days, although today my approach into LIRN - also a photogrammetry area - went smoothly.
Server issues?

There’s an insane number of micro stutters and partial freezes in the current build, but I don’t believe it’s being taken seriously - due to the acknowledgement. Horrible state to leave the game in over the holiday period when people actually have time to play.

A valid bug report requires among other things - identical reproduction - same settings, same software, etc. across multiple end user configurations. It’s not the only evidence threshold, but it is one of the most compelling to drive ingestion. Even more so, if Dev Team can reproduce it, then chances are it gets addressed faster.

In the meantime, here’s a few of several different threads involving stutters, and one that was solved:

…and today its absolutely worse than ever. Could we have some more consistent performance (thats on the server side)?

I just flew two back-to-back flights using beta aircraft and not a stutter. East Coast USA server using Live Traffic, Live WX and Offline ATC. I was flying from and to Class 1 airports packed with Live Traffic jetliners. I get that there are issues, but it may not necessarily be with the infrastructure. Many times it’s also an individual installation or configuration.

I’ve experienced something like this on a couple of recent flights.
There was some evidence it related to my internet connection and speed rather than solely game and graphics.

Based on the number of topics that have been created in recent weeks, something is seriously wrong with the latest release - or the infrastructure that those users are utilising, i.e Europe.

1 Like

Try deleting the rolling cache and reactivate it (or leave it disabled). Fixed it for me right now.

I try and it seems resolve the issue

Hi @TomL7753

Dev Team is requesting reproduction using a stock aircraft, to eliminate third-party potential involvement to root cause. Thanks!

1 Like

Yep, will do. The last days went without those stutters, even in relatively dense photogrammetry areas. Before that I encountered small stutters inflight and these heavy lags on approach to LIPZ, which has photogrammetrry in the appraoch path and to LIMJ, which to my knowledge has not. Interestingly both airports were stutterfree when spawning and departing from there, I even did some traffic patterns, all smooth without changing any settings.
I tried traffic patterns in LPPT as well, where the youtuber encountered those heavy lags - buttery smooth.
As I have since then deleted and recreated my rolling cache and changed some settings with the Fenix screen rendering (activated the internal GPU on my chipset), testing conditions have changed, but as soon as I encounter those heavy lags again, I will try to recreate them with the stock CJ4.
As me and some fellow simmers had “low bandwidth” messages on 100% functional 100Mbit+ connections during the holidays as well, I’m still thinking of server issues though.

I think the topic can be closed, as I have done quite some flights during the last days without the issues occuring again. Wether it is due to the changes I made or due to the amount of users after the holidays being significant lower (I guess) remains unclear.

However, to summarize the changes I made as a possible solution for anyone encountering the same: deleting the rolling cache and setting it to Off, then to On again in order to let it rebuild from scratch; changed the display rendering for the FENIX from CPU to Internal GPU.