This seems to me really interesting. Thanks for the info.
In practice, you have to make sure that a) the CPU load never sends it red, and therefore that b) the GPU load is increased until the latency is kept close to, but not higher than, 32ms. This last thing I can only achieve by increasing the rendering, which I never thought I’d have to do (on the contrary, I thought that 2k, which is the resolution I play at, was already too expensive for the SIM).
Questions.
-
If the CPU load is green / yellow, why does the SIM take advantage of a higher GPU load?
-
The goal is to make sure you are always limited by the GPU which therefore works constantly at 100% in this way. Temperatures go up a bit, but they stay around 66 degrees for me (EVGA 3070 XC), which seems like a good value to me. Is this the correct configuration?
-
The LOD, which affects the CPU, obviously causes very different loads depending on the zones. 150 seems to go well in KJFK with A32X but obviously - for example - in St. Moritz with a TBM you can go further. Should the GPU parameters (rendering percentage) also be raised at the same time?
-
Should the FPS value still be considered at this point? And if so, on what values should it stabilize?
-
Raising the rendering values, however, seems to negatively affect the internal panning (cockpit). Is there a solution for this?