Su 11 update failing

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

no

Brief description of the issue:

Install of su11 shows no progress on Decompressing micorosoft-airport-kffa-firstflight-0.9.7.fspackage

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

2 Likes

Windows Defender reported 19.3.2023 that it found a severe threat: Backdoor:Win32/Bladabindi!ml Sec. intelligence version 1.385.456.0 on microsoft-airport-kffa-firstflight-0.9.7.fspackage.part and that file was thus autom. removed.

1 Like

Same experience as ChevyBlazerK5FI above, update contains trojan:

1 Like

It is also applicable for Steam versions.
I just bought the Steam MS FR2020 Premium Delxue version to be also be greeted with this Trojan/Backdoor!

The Trojan/Backdoor is in the KFFA airport package:

KFFA is the First Flight Airport at Kill Devil Hills, NC in the USA.

Wiki:
The airport itself is famous for being the site of hundreds of pre-flight gliding experiments carried out by the Wright brothers. The Wright Brothers National Memorial, located atop nearby Kill Devil Hill, is a 60-foot granite pylon paying homage to the Wright Brothers and the first sustained heavier-than-air flight.

Yes

During fresh install for Steam client I got a virus alert from Fully updated Windows 11 Defender.
It remove the following file C:\Users<USER>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Official\Steam\microsoft-airport-kffa-firstflight-0.9.7.fspackage.part and claims its the following virus Backdoor:Win32/Bladabindi!ml

Hope you just happen to have a hash collision with the virus and that you haven’t been compromised

1 Like

Can confirm. Just reinstalled the sim today to try and fix a “not responding” issue upon quitting sim. After initial install, starting MSFS keeps wanting to install microsoft-airport-kffa-firstflight-0.9.7.fspackage, and I also get the a WD warning. (MSFS Store version)
2023-03-19 17 03 35

1 Like

Same for me. Fresh install from Store…

1 Like

I opened a new bug report here, considering this post is old and the title is vague, if anyone wants to chime in.

1 Like