SU10 been postponed?

Delaying SU10 was a smart decision. I always dread the SU updates cause you never know what you get. Take all the time you need Asobo to make it right.

1 Like

Smart move.

The people complaining about the delay would be the loudest complainers if it was released early and buggy.

Give them a chance to make it stable and relatively fast.

9 Likes

Great to hear. If thy need more time still, I hope they take it.

1 Like

Honestly, I don’t care if it takes another year. Just leave me with my SU9 that is currently working (albeit at much lower settings than SU1-4). I don’t have the time or patience right now to mess around with an update that degrades performance on my i9-12000 RTX 3090 when it should always just get better & better.

4 Likes

Postponed is better than a bad update.
Sometimes these things happen. I’ve taken heat personally for having to postpone a live event due to technical issues, so i know these decisions aren’t taken lightly and come with blowback.

1 Like

Running a 5900x/6950xt combo so I’m fine with what we have.

Also have it installed on a Xbox X system so it’s fun to compare.

1 Like

Current version runs fine (I’m not in beta)
 I’d rather keep flying for the next two weeks than spend two weeks waiting impatiently on a hotfix because something is completely broken

3 Likes

A month of delay is not the end of the world and they can at least fix a couple of bugs. Don’t expect a miracle though, not everything will be fixed.

1 Like

I just wish there was more of a sense of urgency (like most businesses would have) instead of stringing us along. I wouldn’t be surprised if this has something to do with the release of XP12 (?). Seems like XP12 is stringing along that fan-base as well for that release. And I guarantee you, there will still be those that will complain no matter how good the release is. Why not at least send out “hot fixes”? I suppose it’s because it’s more complex than that, where everything is so inter-twined(?).

Totally agree

Never did the beta, do they also release what is called release Canidates RC1 RC2 so on

XP12 have nothing to do with it, is far from finished, and will be released in beta after, and still unfinished on many part.

Reason why SU10 was delayed here.
04:13 Performance in latest Beta

2 Likes

New SU10 update 1.27.16.0 for PC and DX11 is available now, start your sim, update and reports.
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/dx11-performance-survey-1-27-16-0/537442

1 Like

This I fear to be true. Past track record thus far speaks for itself. But I have hope, I don’t know why
but I do
 :thinking: I dare say though, MSFS 2020 should have been built from scratch using its own architecture and not old FSX architecture. That is the bane of its current and continuous problems.

1 Like

“To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan and not quite enough time.”
- Leonard Bernstein

They’re not stringing us along. Quite the opposite. It’s a relief that SU10 is being delayed. I was worried I’d have to put MSFS down for a few weeks while they fix what they broke. I hope they take as much time as they need.

And they absolutely have a sense of urgency, but you can’t force a broken update on everyone. That’s the worst thing they could do.

2 Likes

hopefully sim update 10 fixes the random CTD

1 Like

With the SU10 update provided yesterday, the sim FPS, which had been slow for about a month, is now faster than the previously fast build.
We believe the decision to postpone is a test to see if this update works for many users.
So far many users seem to confirm the speed improvement.

2 weeks will not be enough. But hey - having this game in a beta-state since release, so who cares.

I honestly do not have an opinion on these delays. Break some fix some seems to be the story of this game/sim. That is OK as long as they actually go back and fix things but it is a one way street. Several airports have cracks a la San Andreas and never bothered to fix them, just like it took 1 month to fix NICE airport, lets see how long ESSA will take.

I have 0 confidence this game will improve over time in terms of stability, none. But I am a minority, the majority of people playing this game are happy to fly over their house, participate in air races against 1 person if they are lucky and crash in to famous landmarks.