SU10 now coming in August

That’s definitely true.
I fly with X-plane, Aero Fly and MSFS2020.

X-Plane has good flight dynamics and mediocre scenery, but that can be boosted with various addons. My personal FPS is pretty good at 48 fps.

MSFS2020 has the best detailed scenery and reasonable flight dynamics, but still has many unexpected bugs. My personal FPS is pretty good at 45 fps.

Aero Fly 2 has good flight dynamics, a mediocre scenery and the graphical presentation of the planes and objects are a bit unrealistic cartoon-like. My personal FPS is very good at 95 to 120 fps, but that’s probably because everything is so bare and empty.

Lets hope for the the best of all worlds.

I hope that MSFS getting as much as possible out of it’s potential, because i like to fly in a realistic scenery. There is still a lot to do for Asobo before that is realized and MSFS is a stable and complete flight sim.

I’m also curious about the new X-Plane 12 and what that will bring us. :wink:

I agree with Perry. I fly in VR and have a 3090 with Open XR render 100, in sim render 100, and OpenXRtoolkit 85 with FSR and sharpening of 40.
DLSS might allow me to run 100 OpenXR toolkit as well, but to be honest I can’t see the visual difference, the G2’s lenses are the weak link at this point.

Regarding flatscreen I already run in 4K so again it’s not hugely useful, although I understand it will be for those with lower end cards.

So I don’t have much excitement for DLSS. I’m really hoping we get better CPU optimisation.

Ok, but I’m sure you’re aware not everyone has a 3090. I expect my 3060ti for example to benefit greatly.

1 Like

Can you see if there is anything being worked on about the issues with not being able to load saves (if saves at all) on XboxSX.

Where loads but there is no items under the top menu ATC, VFR map, .etc as there loads of repeat threads under bugs- missulaneus and are being reported for the last few SU patches on zandesk but are instantly closed as resolved.

And no comeback from anyone in-house on the forum post’s

That’s great to hear that every post in the xbox threads has been read, it gives me hope that the ongoing xbox crashes are in hand.

I really must take issue with your claim that they have been acknowledged during the live Q&A though. I watched them and it was not. I’ve just reread the transcript of the latest session and confirmed what I remember. In the section “Performance/Stability (Xbox)” Jorg and Seb go into detail about the crash that was fixed with the hotfix patch but they clearly state “we fixed the bug since then.” And this is really the communication issue here, SU9 is still badly broken on xbox series x especially, but the live Q&A and dev blog talk like it’s all fixed and working again, this is really frustrating for us users.

I’m my opinion we should be getting more hotfix releases to repair the SU9 CTD bugs and restore the sim back to a reasonably good usable state on xbox but instead it seems we have to wait months for SU10 with no guarantee of fixes then. It’s not really good enough to leave a major platform in this state for so long.

2 Likes

Stability issues, crashes, ATC altitude bugs, performance (DLSS and DirextX 12), Multi monitor/view support. Not much of that wil be resolved in SU 10. :cry:

1 Like

(sigh)…Really…? Oh boy :disappointed:

I tried Xplane11 and “felt” IMO (for me) Aero Fly’s scenery was better than…!

Porbably, But then again… :thinking:

I assume that vacations are well planned into the resources roster so I doubt thats the reason.
I dont think it really matters though. Quarterly updates as far as I am concerned should become standard.

Quarterly for major updates I’d be good with, as long as they plan fixes in between. Because once they introduce a nasty bug (which will happen), I don’t want to wait 3 months for it to get fixed.

6 Likes

Tell me one major simulation (or game) where there is no “Hotfixing” after a major update?
OK, forget the games from Microsoft.
Forza, e.g. exactly the same.
One big update a month, then silence.

1 Like

Thanks. Of course they only thing I forgot to check again was the actual develoment update… missed it when I first looked at it. I am stupid

Well I know there are a lot of issues.
I had to downgrade my spec seriously after SU9.
So yeah many things go wrong.

But honestly I am in flightsim fan since the first versions came out. I really love what you guys did and still do. These free updates with new areas keep the game going and flying in VR (and yes I have a high spec system) is a dream to me. Unbelievable what we can do today…

To thanks for the great work and I hope you will continue improving and enrichen the game.

So I thought a positive note needs to be made as well.

Good luck and good you guys are listening here :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Hey, maybe someday we’ll be able to “block” pilots…something like Facebook! :grinning:

On a different note, when do we think the beta period for the update will start? Hopefully it’s going to be an extended one given the significant changes coming with su10.

@Squibby6134 This post may interest you:

Yes quarterly updates. Problems that affect everybody need to be fixed asap of course. Problems that only affect some and not others will probably require more investigation. But Hotfixes for obvious clangers need to be actioned immediately as indeed MS have done often.

2 Likes