SU10 now coming in August

For me this is a good thing, this decision will not have been taken lightly.

:rofl:
very well said !!!

Oh Sim Update X on my Birthday… :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

I agree somewhat? But also the RISK involved needs to be less. I entered one Beta and that worked very well with the opt in, opt out via steam, but since then I have heard/read scare stories of complete loss of the install.

I might not of made many or much contributions, but I have I would say 95% of all planes released for MSFS and easily 80% of all scenetry released for MSFS across Simmarket, Contrail, OrbX, and various direct only devs.

So my goal was to test all the scenery all the planes I have either by loading into them or flying in or around them. The issues and few CTD’s I found I reported.

1 Like

I find that if I want to achieve a goal I need to aim higher (bite off more than I can chew), I find it gives me motive to go beyond. And in my life it has very rarely failed as goal.

1 Like

If I’m reading it right, it looks as though the Weather API won’t be available to 3rd party devs until at least August now?

Weather Radar in aircraft particularly small/medium/large body jets is imperative, especially in the sim. And almost every worldwide location I’ve been flying in these last weeks has been overcast/rain.

Would be nice to have that Weather Radar operational…

1 Like

August is 2 months away not 3 months. Sorry I had to point that out.

I don’t mind the delay, as long as they sort out the performance issues and WASM issue on xbox.

2 Likes

I remember after the first sim updates, when there were bugs or problems like many have with the stuttering, Asobo came along with a so called"hotfix" or even “hotfix for hotfix”
What happened to that? Maybe they are afraid of making it even worse lol

What happened to that? People started complaining about the frequency of su’s and bug fixes were to numerous and they would rather have a ‘stable’ release then a bug fix to fix the bug fix etc etc…So they did it.

How’d that work out for us?

We Europeans prefer a work life balance that is utterly alien to some but we like it this way. Work pays the bills, it isn’t what life is all about though.

7 Likes

well there was no stable release ever I guess, wow

They were doing alright prior to SU5, for me su5 was great, but then people started crying about whatever they were complaining about and we got and ‘emergency’ bug fix, and after that patch the sim started going down hill for me…

2 Likes

The problem with less frequent updates is that when a bug occurs with one, you have to wait much longer for a fix. And we’re talking about stability and performance issues here, not minor ones. See how Sim Update 9 upset the Xbox (and to some degree, the PC) version, how the night lighting went haywire after Sim Update 6, and so many others. And we get hotfixes only for the most critical ones, like people being unable to start the sim, for example. Anything else we have to live with for a whole quarter. It’s a further problem that no matter how long a beta lasts, the live patches still have the ability to break the sim, introducing problems that were not there in the beta (see Sim Update 9). So I’m really not sure – perhaps a “live service” game like this would do better with more frequent but smaller updates, instead of trying to provide one big thing every quarter. The more you put in one patch the more chance you break something, and the more time it takes to make the next.

5 Likes

Don’t really think so. I would think that the subtext to this decision would read: “with smaller, targeted hotfixes in between”.

I dont mind less frequent Sim Updates,

…but I really really dont understand why they can’t release hotfixes for important things when they already have a fix ready. (example, the graphical flickering issue in pmdg 737)

I guess I have to do like the rest and just install the beta to get version of the game that has those fixes.

8 Likes

This is really good news. Gives them more time to test and implement FSR.

But the thunderstorm clouds doesn’t create turbulence. Why the need of weather radar? :joy: We can just fly inside them without effect. I think it’s better to create those things first to have something to plan against. And since su7 there is thunderstorm clouds everywhere. No need to look at weatherradar to find those.

To me it’s more important they fix the weather than the weather radar. Without a good weather system the radar can’t be good either.

5 Likes

So the real question now is can Asobo deliver a proper WASM update working on XBOX without breaking the PC version and will both platforms have Nano VG restored to default and or be left as an option in dev mode under experimental for PC by September.

Aside from major technical hurdles will the PG issues be fixed and performance restored to certain world updates with all conflicting assets in pack files removed and data consolidated? If Italy is any example to go by you can just load it up and see two airports at LICJ. There are other places where double airports and PG is being rendered and needs fixing.

1 Like

If this were the case, I’d be happy with fewer sim updates. But nowhere was this even remotely suggested. All they said was more time between udpate. Which means when they inevitably introduce new bugs, we have to deal with them for longer between updates.

Bottom line is that there’s an internal shift that needs to happen and they need to actually starting listening to feedback given by testers. There’s not much point in putting out a beta test, getting a bunch of bug reports, and then releasing the code into production with the reported bugs intact.

14 Likes

I rather see SMALL “Monthly” updates that fix ( or attempt to fix ) ONE or TWO of those more glaring glitches that have plagued the sim since release.

3 Likes