SU12 Beta

Everyday this thread is getting better. Most awaited than a new tv show season

4 Likes

Sure. But, that is exactly what a cache is a designed to handle. System checks the cache and downloads from the server if there is newer content. By deleting the cache you end up forcing downloads of content that has NOT changed. And, again, a great way to wear out an SSD.

I’ve never deleted it before the betas and never had a problem.

Dont know if its today, but Soon™

2 Likes

FWIW, things like whether the cache has an impact are one of the reasons I really wish MSFS had a benchmark mode.

1 Like

Releasing today folks ??

1 Like

No one knows until it is released.

doubt it

last branch update was 24h ago

we often get an update a day or two after the last qa_upload build; same day is rarer actually.

anyway, only Asobo knows

We’ll see soon enough :slight_smile:

No World Update 12 beta. Only betas for sim updates, so far.

2 Likes

welp, no 16z drop. Sorta expecting it to happen right on the hour when it does since they obviously need to schedule opening the beta forums here in concert. Also IIRC they typically don’t drop betas (or anything really) on a Wednesday…

I see you guys are a bit desperate, you are waiting for something that nobody has confirmed will happen today, why don’t you just enjoy the simulator?

3 Likes

We Xbox players have been waiting so very long for this, and now it may finally happen. WASM has been dangled in front of us, then yanked away for the past two SUs. Now we finally get it. I so long to fly the 737.

11 Likes

because at work? :man_shrugging:

9 Likes

It just wasn’t ready, I have been sad in the past as well when previous updates have listed it and not materialised.
Hopefully this is the one finally.

It might not be in beta straight away by the way, they might add it at a later date in beta providing it’s ready.

Bored at work, did some research on previous beta releases. Here’s the time (eastern US zone) of the first user-generated forum post for each beta.

SU7: wed nov 10th 2021 1:37pm
SU8: thurs feb 10th 2022 12:22pm
SU9: fri apr 1st 2022 5:18pm
SU10: fri jul 8th 2022 11:36am
SU11: wed oct 12th 2022 6:10pm
AAU1: mon dec 5th 2022 2:22pm

My takeaway is that sometimes they’re dropping as late as 22z and on any day of the week except Tuesdays.

If I had to put money on it, I’d bet we get an announcement with the dev update tomorrow and then a Friday 16z drop.

4 Likes

They release betas when they’re ready. They don’t have any fixed day.

There’s definitely a possibility they may announce it in the dev udpate. It’s also possible it may drop today without any announcement other than the SU12 Beta forum going live. Or they may drop it next week without any announcement.

1 Like

Just keep in mind that that is when the post is made, not when the beta is released :wink:

Yeah it’s a heuristic; thought to cross check against twitter but I’m lazy.

Folks,

I appreciate that you are excited about the upcoming SU12 beta, but I wouldn’t expend too much effort trying to “read the tea leaves” from the timing of previous beta releases. As we wrote in last week’s Dev Blog, the SU12 beta build is in the final stages of preparation and will be pushed to testers Soon™. We will announce the release and link the patch notes here on the forums and on our social channels like Twitter and Facebook as soon as the beta goes live.

Thanks,
MSFS Team

17 Likes