Su12 patch for performance please

Dude, you really should do those steps before demanding a whole patch for your problems.

Also, don’t use rolling cache. It’s a stutter fest all of its own, especially when you fly somewhere for the first time.

5 Likes

I have the 4090 and 13900k and its a stutter fest…since SU12…we were rock solid in SU 11 but now its annoying

3 Likes

Well, pretty sure that I do not agree with that … Nope, not today.
I am running a very marginal PC, seems ok to me… with same settings I have had for the last year.

2 Likes

the only stuttering I see is the same as before - when spawning on the ramp at the departure airport and again within 1 mile of the destination airport…
stutters occur until the ‘ground traffic’ IE: the buses, forklifts, ramp personnel, and AI aircraft has all spawned, and then the frame rates smooth out again - until one of the vehicles starts to move.
The only time where this was mitigated was in SU8 - before and after that it has been the same as it is now.

My brother has a 3070, his performance is steller. I’ve also played recently on a 1070, I don’t trust any of these posts, sorry. Almost always user error or lack of knowledge how the sim performs.

Make sure you have latest drivers especially motherboard etc and fast SSD, the sim doesn’t really stutter and I play in VR so I would know. Unless you are in some key areas like new Christchurch with heavy PG or with lots of AI at busy airports. Remember new patch can reset settings or change behaviours so may need to rebalance settings again and unoptimised third party content can play havoc with performance.

1 Like

I rolled back my drivers from the newest drivers to drivers from Feb and now my performance is back to normal. It’s not msfs its nvidia.

2 Likes

People not affected always blame the user or some other unlikely thing
my performance has tanked huge loading pauses and stutters and i have not changed graphic drivers
or my motherboard or installed a normal hardrive in place of my ssd. i agree third party content is possibly a cause butt hese performance issues were reported in the beta and peolle leaving the beta were reporting improvements going back to SU11 so hey lets not blame the user there is something amiss here

Sorry I can’t help. I do have a 4080 so I can’t really comment on performance. I did notice a lot of stutters with SU12 but as I said for me rolling back drivers fixed it.

out of interest which drivers are you using that are ok?

I rolled back to 531.18

Not to argue SU12 works great for me. I only use VR and am now on DX12 using DLSS in DLAA mode and the latest Nvidia driver (531.41).

AMD Ryzen 5600x / Gigabyte B550M Gaming / 32 Gb DDR4 3600 / NVME M.2 / Asus TUF RTX 3070 Ti 8 Gb / Oculus Quest 2 Link Cable / Logitech Rudder, Throttle & Pedals / Win 10/64.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CodXGlkO7-Q/

1 Like

Love your little setup (besides the VR part)

1 Like

Sorry for the delay. I’m running 528.49

I have RTX 2060 and I have not noticed any fps/performance degradation with SU12. I did have a marked increase in CTD, but that appeared to be an issue with the latest nVidia driver. Once I rolled back the driver, no more CTD.

1 Like

VR is great when it works :slight_smile:

Still got stutters. Seems to increase significantly as soon as I taxi to departure and the worse is on approach to destination . Same result pmdg 737, fenix a320, default asobo 787 .

1 Like

So I’m running a pretty beefy rig (13900k/4090) and while I’m going to say this, I’ll admit that I’m not one to complain, BUT, I’ve noticed lower to the ground and especially when close to the airports it seems like my performance has been decreased.

Flying into ORD pre-SU12, I was able to get 120+fps on final while flying over the city and while using VATSIM. Now, I fly into ORD (or any airport for that matter) and approach seems to dip down to the low 100s or high 90s… on touchdown, I’m in the high 80s. Again, I’m not complaining that there is a noticeable difference with fps that high, but I just want to point out that I’m seeing this change in performance as well, even with a high end machine. Can anyone else confirm they’re seeing the same when getting close to the ground? At cruise I’m still getting 140-150fps.

1 Like

Yep, I got it too. Bad at airport , bad at taxi, when i climb it starts to return to normal , cruise it’s back, decent it’s coming back, approach it’s bad, land/taxi very bad

2 Likes

I feel like this was an issue that was addressed before, but I can’t seem to find it. Either way, I can tell my performance has decreased by about 15-20fps on approach.

got more stutters too.
But for Asobo to notice the issue you gave to collect votes. Since we can’t vote in this thread it won’t have any effect.

1 Like