Su12 patch for performance please

150 FPS, 140 FPS, 120+, 90+, 80 hmm ? I don’t have such a strong CPU (10920X @4,7GHZ and 4090RTX, 64GB RAM, all ssd´s) but how do these FPS come together ?
Which resolution and settings do you use ?
That’s over (about) + 360% more performance !!! - I’m happy when I’m at 20-25 FPS at addon airports or bigger airports (where the system is not utilized at all - the graphics card is at 40-50% and the CPU is about the same) I’m using AI and it’s all set to Ultra (LOD at 200 - has the most effect - the other stuff doesn’t really affect my system) and the resolution is 5760x1080 (3x32") - I have my theory about all this - I’ve been playing since Alpha and what I’ve noticed is that the utilization of the system has continuously “decreased”. I used to have a “weaker” system and with almost every update I can set less LOD (with stronger RIG) and the visibility of the objects has become increasingly poor. With SU12, I don’t notice anything in terms of FPS - but the “smooth” image is no longer as it was before (on DX12, same settings and yes tried all known tricks and don’t use rolling cache)!

Might this apparent performance drop just be down to the changes in traffic.

Maybe make a few changes to the traffic settings, to see if the performance gets closer to pre-SU12 levels.

I don’t use the in-sim traffic and haven’t noticed any performance issues. Having said that, I just fly and hardly ever activate an FPS monitor. :wink:

I don’t care about the FPS as long as the picture is smooth, mine are always limited to 33 FPS anyway, with this number I usually get the best results (even with XPlane) !
But the problem is that the image no longer feels smooth below 30 FPS!

• of course, if I deactivate the traffic and other things, I also have no performance problems (which I also do not have, except for a few large airports) - but that is not the point!
    I was just surprised about the sheer number of FPS !

How do we create it to vote ?

1 Like

Hey everyone ! I just changed this
Post location to Bugs/performance . Please cast your vote at the top of this page please so asobo
Can hear our voice. Thank u

1 Like

Yeah I have a 5800X3D and 4080 and at cruise i’m around 60, drops to 20-30 on landing.

Yep. At gate , taxi, departure it drops 20fps. Cruise goes back to normal 60fps. Approach , Landing, taxi and gate arrival it drops back down 20fps.

However: THAT’s not an issue related to SU12. This has been discussed for months

That’s perfectly normal since MSFS has to do much more work when you’re on the ground than in the air. Traffic, complex airports etc. At FL350 there’s little for MSFS to do. Try to change your settings so that you have 30+FPS at the gate. Otherwise you’ll always be unhappy with the performance

All My settings are at low . Only one is pre
Cache terrain on ultra . My TLOD is at 25. My object level of detail is at 50. Clouds low . It wasn’t doing what I described above in Su11 or SU10 or SU9.

1 Like

What gpu, what resolution and what if any dlss setting are you using?

There seems to be about a 50% performance penalty enabling live traffic and live weather. And performance decreases while landing at just about any large airport.

2 Likes

3080ti, 3440x1440p, I’m on TAA

I might have guessed, widescreen always seems to be a problem for MSFS and 3k is not ideal for a 3080 either. IMO you should certainly be running graphics at ultra and bumping renderscale to get smooth no matter what fps it gives you.

Due to stutter issues plus the ground texture bug since FU12 I’ve decided to stop using MSFS for the foreseeable future and spend no more money on it , it really isn’t good for my mental health to constantly fight this sim and with the withdrawal of the otter I’m not sure any of my purchases I’ve made are guaranteed.

3 Likes

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

yes

Brief description of the issue:

very low FPS and stutters when on the ground

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

no screen shots atm

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

load in any aircraft and airport wait a few min

Many issues may be due to an outdated graphics card. Please state your Graphics Card Driver Manufacturer (NVIDIA, Intel, AMD) and Version (Learn how to find your current graphics card driver version):

531.79 Nvidia GTX 1070

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

i7 7700k, 32gb DDR4, GTX 1070, WIN10

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

SU12

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Holy, MSFS… is this even necessary?? Never in my life have I seen such a to-do list before updating a game.

2 Likes

How many of your “games” let you install and run 3rd party content or stream scenery/weather over the internet? For the vast majority updating is a simple affair but serious (and unserious) modders can always hit snags anywhere hence the aforementioned advice.

Sure, but my “Community” folder has 14 items in it, so easy enough, but the rest of the crazy number of things are in the “Official” folder from MSFS, and I’m supposed to uninstall/delete all of the stock planes, scenery, everything, before an update, and then re-download it all?? The crazy hell…

What good does that do, if you’re the only one that can see the 3rd party content.
That’s like saying the Model Matching is working so great. (everyone!!! look at my new plane!!) lol
Oh yeah, I’m the only one that can see it…