SU5, before....and after

The above screen capture by @OldeManToad shows it is not my credibility that is in question.:wink:

More Before & After SU5 Hotfix2.

1 Like

Well indeed. I have a few questions.

Was this taken this evening? (Trying to figure is server congestion is a factor)
Which server region do you connect to?
Have you reinstalled any elements (sim, world updates etc)?

Mate. You flew over Edinburgh with the generic buildings right in front of. You took screen shots of them and posted those in this thread and claimed that it all looked just as it did before SU5

You have zero credibility when it comes to looking at stuff and seeing that something is wrong.

1 Like

Have you redownloaded the World Updates? If you go on Market Place and look at singles World Update you will see OWNED. But if you click on one of it the sim offers to you to GET or GET AND DOWNLOAD.
With GET AND DOWNLOAD the download of GBs starts.

1 Like

Kinda weird how some people “don’t see the difference”. Those screenshots look much better than what we have now, even post hotfix. I hope we can get back to that. That was clearly the sim that it’s meant to be. My hope is now with Dx12 and that this will bring back some of the visuals as seb stated in the q&a.

3 Likes

There’s no visual downgrade man

1 Like

This is what you get when a sim is designed to fit the lowest common denominator in a one size fits all approach.

There should be 2 sets of code…one for PC and one for that Xbox thingy.

2 Likes

There is, and it’s as clear as daylight where the differences are, but we went through that already, and the devs pretty much confirmed the downgrades. I’m calm regarding this, because my hope is that things will improve again in the future. They made a promise. Should things never get back to what they were, for us that can take advantage of higher end hardware, then we would have a problem. But we are far away from that point yet, and Asobo needs time now, more than anything else, there’s a lot to add/polish/fix.

2 Likes

I haven’t flown in Edinburgh and can’t be bothered to test for myself but hopefully the problem is just that some people haven’t realised they need to redownload the world updates all over again!

1 Like

Yes. Probably because no one tell them.
This is a problem with all games nowadays. The main channel for crucial communications has to be the game itself. People haven’t time to search here and there in forums.

1 Like

Newer ones look better to me!

I must be blind as his newer shots looked much better to me :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

This was awesome, thanks for doing these. I play exclusively in VR. I have my LOD’s at 125 each, do you think I can raise them without a performance hit in VR? I have a 3090 and 10850K, 32GB ram.

Nobody is saying that you’re not allowed to like the new look, you absolutely are. That said, the downgrades were basically acknowledged by the devs. So many people can’t be wrong. To many of us, su4 looked much better, OVERALL, ofc it didn’t perform better. We all have varying degrees of ability to spot details, but most details that were criticized, turned out to be more than placebo. I’m totally against toxic ranting, it’s wrong, but the devs need to be told when the line is being overstepped, and SU5 was not a good update, it was bad in many regards, better or good in others, but overall more of a downgrade than upgrade, for me at least. Hope this non-confrontational answer explains it well enough. Cheers

I was just referring to Machete3181’s pics, his 3090 2021 pics definitely look better than his 2020 1080Ti pics.

I had some server issues today flying from the Scilly Isles to Perranporth in live weather. The textures weren’t all loading in properly, and some of them looked blurry and very low resolution. It’s not a downgrade though, as that implies an intentional decision on the part of Asobo, and it’s clearly not that. There are some issues with the Bing servers not loading all the data in.

According to the sim their status (all the world updates) is “Installed”

So what’s needed is to uninstall them and then reinstall them?

Even though all that data was overwritten on 27/07 already during SU5 install?
(Checking windows, all world update UK files were modified on 27/07)

Ok. So it seems you have not to install them.

But I am actually seeing issues with Edinburgh buildings being generic modern blocks rather than the regional building types that were introduced with the World Update.

I don’t recall seeing any mention of changes to WU content in the SU5 release notes but on my system those files were definitely modified on 27/7

A lot of folks are seeing this issue. I wonder if they pushed corrupt data on update day?

Edit.

Tried uninstalling the UK world update and reinstalling.
No change.

1 Like

My picture was taken minutes before I posted it. Logged on the internet around 9:45 PM EST and saw this thread. Loaded FS and guessed the location was Edinburgh castle. Parked my plane somewhere in the sky and went looking for this location with my drone. Tried to duplicate time and angles as much as I could which is easy with the drone camera.