SU5, before....and after

Let’s try to fix it. Vote:

This whole “they ruined my sim to make it work on xBox” conspiracy theory is hilarious, and some people have got so wrapped up in it, they can’t see their way out.

For me, yes there were many issues with SU5 (which were present in the beta also, but the release date was set in stone with the xBox release, so…“release now, patch later”) but pretty much all of them have been resolved.

The upshot is, on my hardware, the visuals are as good as ever - and performance is great. The remaining issues are timetabled to be resolved.

There are currently some data streaming issues with Edinburgh and probably some other places, but once you have the data, the visuals and performance are fine.

If YOU are still having issues and believe Asobo did this deliberately, at least you now know that you are being PERSONALLY targeted. :grin:

3 Likes

Yep - totally broken! :man_facepalming::roll_eyes:
/sarcasm

1 Like

A reminder to try and keep this topic on track please. Focus on the discussion, and avoid posting messages/comments about each other :+1:

To reiterate what the Category Monitor posted, please stay on topic.

How is Edinburgh looking now after the Hotfix 2? I noticed flying around my home town of Torquay last week (I think after Hotfix 1) that some buildings weren’t being created and there’s lot of flat, terrain burn in buildings instead, although nowhere near as bad as Edinburgh. In Dartmouth, Dartmouth College has gone too, replaced with a burned in carpet texture.

I’m sure it’s just Bing server issues and might not be related to SU5 specifically.
A few months ago much of the area in Devon between the South Hams and River Dart area lost its bing data and was using offline autogen only. I reported it, and others were reporting similar elsewhere, but a week or so later it all returned.

So these issues might just be Bing server related and coinidently timed to have happened at the time of the SU5 update rather than caused by it…

My 2 screenshots (above) are Edinburgh. There are some issues with data, but once you have it, it looks great!

Pretty much this. 90% of the complaining I’ve seen is people that don’t understand how the sim works, it’s excruciating to find real feedback among a sea of “game broken!11!!”

4 Likes

But you don’t have the data. What you are posting are not images of how Edinburgh looked before SU5

The buildings in your photo’s are wrong. See my screenshots at the start of this thread.

So, now you want me to find the very angle you took your screenshot from?? Okay, tell me exactly which part you want a screen grab of, and I’ll get it for you - if that’s what it takes to put this to bed, once and for all.

Edinburgh looks fantastic and the buildings are the same as before SU5.:roll_eyes:

It’s quite simple, fly straight up the hill towards the castle and capture a photo with the crenelated tower and old building types that were introduced in UK World update. (the tower is not part of the castle. It’s further down the street. Probably St. Giles Cathedral - the shadow that passes full length across the street in my first image is the Tron Kirk.)

and then a nice pic of the Castle with the flag on it and the old (UK world update) buildings in the background.

(these photo’s were taken on 19th March 2021 after the UK World update. This is how Edinburgh is supposed to look in sim.)

I’ve seen the same in Helsinki in the nordics. It looks like there is an issue with some of the areas in WUs since the SU5, some assets are not loaded anymore as expected. I did try London, Paris and Tokyo, but there everything was ok and I did not see any missing assets like this.

2 Likes

100% agreed. Even after both hotfixes, the game is in a very poor state compared to before sim update 5. It feels like a horrible Xbox port to PC because that’s EXACTLY what it has become, depressingly. We had something SO good (so good I spent 1,360 hours playing over the last 11 months), but now it’s in rough shape and a shell of what it once was. This is the worst update I have ever seen in the history of gaming. There is no hiding the fact that this game was destroyed by Asobo/Microsoft trying to squeeze it into Xbox and have an all in one package (proof is that the sim no longer uses more RAM/VRAM than an Xbox). I have tried over the last two weeks to fly and enjoy, but unfortuantely I cannot anymore. The way I play (in VR with lots of custom views to admire the scenery) has been totally destroyed. Pop-in and scenery loading literally every single time I look outside with one of my views. It’s just really sad and I have very little hope that Asobo/Microsoft will make it right again… we now have the heaviest anchor chained to our feet and it’s in the shape of a ■■■■■■ Xbox.

Oh come now. I think Bethesda have managed worse. :wink:

But indeed. I’ve only been flying FS2020 since December 2020 but this is probably the roughest shape I’ve seen the sim in since I started with it.

However. This thread is specifically pitched at discussing what appears to be an issue with the streamed content - which has definitely changed in Edinburgh with reports this is also being seen elsewhere.

Edinburgh is simply a data issue that I am confident they will have sorted very quickly. At the moment it is not giving me the vast majority of the buildings or even most of the roads (it is very slowly adding stuff but not correctly), yet earlier, I had everything and it looked great. I will try again tomorrow.

Most other places do NOT have this issue and look amazing. New York and London (for example) look as good as they ever have but the performance is now great. I am done with the small (yet extremely vocal) number of ‘downgraded for xBox’ conspiracy theorists. It is simply NOT the case on my system.

Scenery ‘pop in’ when looking quickly from side to side, is a separate, known issue that they have noted to be addressed soon - nobody claimed this was fixed.

1 Like

In your previous post you made the claim that it looked the same as before SU5 which demonstrably it does not. (and having made a statement like that your credibility has taken a fair hit)

Not only do buildings populate randomly but as illustrated by the screen shots I posted at the very beginning of this thread and now again those buildings are the wrong kind of assets. They are not UK World Update assets, they are generic.

Similar issues of farm buildings being replaced by office blocks once again in rural England have been reported elsewhere on the forum and in this thread Helsinki is also reported as now having generic building types.

Whatever they did to the content on the servers almost 2 weeks ago has clearly still not been resolved.

1 Like

So, you agree it is data issue in isolated locations, NOT a downgrade to make it work on the xBox. Glad that part is sorted at least.:roll_eyes:

Before and After SU5. The before shots where captured on a 1080TI just after release.
The after shots were captured on a RTX 3090 with Hotfix1 & Hotfix2.

Before SU5. August 2020:

After SU5 Hotfix2 August 2021:

One looks real. One looks cartoonish.

4 Likes

Here is a shot from this location on my PC. Looks pretty close to the original.

1 Like

Looks exactly the same to me.:+1:

There is obviously an intermittent problem with the data streaming (I was getting full detail, without any issues earlier but very little data when I tried a little later) but some are laughably fixated on it being a deliberate downgrade.:roll_eyes:

1 Like