Since I’ve installed sim update 5 I am unable to start the sim. I couldn’t get to the main menu for a single time. Before that more than 600+ hours with maximum 1-2 CTD at all.
Nothing has changed on my system. According to windows eventlog it seems to be a problem with ucrtbase.dll but none of the solutions I found online has worked so far.
Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 18.104.22.168, time stamp: 0x00000000 Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.19041.789, time stamp: 0x2bd748bf Exception code: 0xc0000409 Fault offset: 0x000000000007286e Faulting process id: 0xa28 Faulting application start time: 0x01d78394db905ef5 Faulting application path: E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\ucrtbase.dll Report Id: fdaf72cd-6d5b-4bbb-bb36-5a10a985d0ca Faulting package full name: Faulting package-relative application ID:
Steps I tried to resolve already:
- Community folder cleared
- Restarting the sim several times
- Rebooting Several times
- Completely reinstalled the sim twice already
- Stopped every other program
- Disconnected all peripherals
- Updated graphics driver
- Installed US English language pack
- Logged in and out of XBOX services
- Made exceptions and even disabled defender protection
- Reinstalled Windows and the sim completely, still the same issue.
- Uninstalled and reinstalled Visual Studio C++ runtimes as described in many other threads
- Stopped windows audio service as described here https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/ctd-on-launch-caused-by-ucrtbase-dll-with-exception-code-c0000005/340406/72
I’m running FS2020 Steam version on my system.
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
ASUS ROG STRIX RTX2080Ti
I was so hyped for the performance update and now I cannot even start the sim anymore…
Any help would be highly appreciated!
Oh and yes, I reported this issue on Zendesk #112215