SU5 CTD on every sim start

Just after touching down: made weird sounds just before…

Well I voice my opinion….being with msfs since version 4 way back in the day…I expect more from them……I just chased down a possible corrupt steam cloud file… I had the start up sequence do something different and then did my 3rd clean install…I was hopeful….I just completed it and STILL CTD… I’m done….Asobo says there is a 2nd hot fix coming out in a couple of days…they say it will correct everything people are complaining about…even CTD… well I can’t even get to that screen to get the updates. I am not the only one with this issue…so it’s time to shut this sim down and wait until the 2nd patch is released. Good luck to everyone. I hope it fixes everyone’s issues with the sim.

1 Like

Welll, I finally got MSFS to go past the start up screen…but I had to reformat all my drives and reinstall windows from scratch. I tried letting windows fix itself but it didn’t do anything. So a complete reinstall of windows… a clean install of MSFS and it works….there must have been something corrupt that I could not find. But I tell you what…if this ■■■■ happens again…it’s adios……

It’s funny that you can’t say the word c r a p …it blocks it……

Have you tried this?

DELETE STEAM CLOUD SAVE (STEAM VERSION)

If the crash happens upon loading:

• Close Microsoft Flight Simulator
  • Right-click on the Microsoft Flight Simulator icon
  • Go to Properties
  • Uncheck the “Keep Game saves in the cloud for Microsoft Flight Simulator” box
  • Go C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata
  • Find the folder corresponding to your profile and delete the folder Steam\userdata\usernumber)\1250410
  • Restart Microsoft Flight Simulator

It is heartening to see I am not the only one with this issue.

In my case I get the exact same CTD halfway through the “cub” loading screen on both Xbox and PC and like you this has only occurred since SU5.

The only thing I have found so far is that creating a new profile on Xbox and loading the game lets me play perfectly, therefore I believe it has to be something corrupt in my profile that is carrying over to both Xbox and PC.

I have cleared my online data as far as I believe I can, but it hasn’t made any difference.

EDIT
I solved the problem. Seagate Toolkit was interfering with it. Killed it and it was able to open. This link has a list of software that can caused the issue, try killing one at a time
https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015893879-Crashing-CTDs-issues

I am also having the same issue. This only started after 1.1815. Event log details below:
Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.18.15.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.19041.789, time stamp: 0x2bd748bf
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x000000000007286e
Faulting process id: 0x7758
Faulting application start time: 0x01d79604421ff209
Faulting application path: D:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll
Report Id: 666250a2-799f-49f7-ba48-10f48222f6fa
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I’ve tried the English US language setting, installing latest vc redist (x64 and x86), turning off the Steam Cloud Sync, and reinstalling from Steam. It crashes as soon as the game opens, only get to a black windowed screen and then it exits.

I can confirm I also disabled almost all apps from the start up applications list in the task manager and got past that 50/55% moment in the loading screen. It was coincident with a short dark flash, something there is incompatible with whatever happens at this mark.

I’ll try to find the culprit, and also see if the issue is solved or happens later on during the flights. A possible one that would make sense is the fact I use GreenShot which is a screenshot app and therefore interferes a lot with graphics, nvidia etc. I’ll see which one it is and report it if it’s not in the list already.

The program was crashing shortly after the above screen after “Checking for Updates”. I believe it had something to do with a recent update to Windows 10. I then updated Visual Studio 2019 to the most recent version and restarted the computer. It may have reset files or registries. Now it no longer crashes to the desktop.

IT WAS THE SEAGATE TOOLKIT. I struggled with this for days, then read @TrainingDisc970 reply, stopped seagate toolkit and sim now works perfectly! Signed up here just to save you guys some headaches. See you up there!

I’m also having the same issue. No Seagate Tools installed. Disable the network adapter, and I can load and fly. Enable and have an immediate crash. I’ve wiped and reinstalled windows, steam several times, and FS2020 a half dozen times. All that suggests to me it’s something related to my data on Microsoft’s cloud servers.

I’ve tried creating a new Xbox account and using that to login to MSFS, did not solve anything. This issue seems to be especially prevalent with Steam users, so my guess is something on that side, maybe a communication problem between Steam and MS/Xbox services?

That’s what I think aswell. Only thing steam support told me to do is clear cloud data which I did, then they told me to contact asobo support as steam cannot do anything. I’m waiting for an answer from asobo since 27th of July… All I get are FAQs all the time :frowning:

because you are doing something wrong