SU5 graphics quality

Here are the Xbox specification.
The total memory is 16GB
It has to split this memory some for the operating system, some for the GPU and some for Flight simulator or other programs.
You are taking my comments out of context because the PC has the same limitation.

• CPU: 8x Zen 2 Cores at 3.8GHz (3.6GHz with SMT)
  • GPU: 12 TFLOPs, 52 CUs at 1.825GHz, Custom RDNA 2
  • Die Size: 360.45mm2
  • Process: TSMC 7nm Enhanced
  • Memory: 16GB GDDR6
  • Memory Bandwidth: 10GB at 560GB/s, 6GB at 336GB/s
  • Internal Storage: 1TB Custom NVMe SSD
  • I/O Throughput: 2.4GB/s (Raw), 4.8GB/s (Compressed)

The total memory is absolutely irrelevant.

The only relevant statistic is how much memory the sim can use, which is 13.5 GB. This is a fact.

I’m not taking your comments out of context. I’m putting them in context, which you have not done because it unequivocally disproves your fictional point.

1 Like

If I greed with you we would both be wrong!

If I have Microsoft Flight Simulator already for PC, do I already own the Xbox version?

• Yes, if you have the Windows Store PC version, you will also have the Xbox version. This means that if you already own the simulator through the Microsoft Store, you will be able to play it on Xbox as well. The sim shares the same multiplayer world, content, and services. However, if you purchase through Steam, you will not have access to the Xbox version.

Will my Marketplace purchases carry over to the Xbox version?

• Microsoft Flight Simulator will be updated on all available platforms to feature cross-save timed with its launch on Xbox Series X|S, allowing players to transfer DLC that was produced by Microsoft/Asobo and progress over to whichever platform they prefer. DLC produced by third-party developers might be transferable, but that is a decision made by each third party development team.
  • NOTE: DLC purchased on a Steam version will not work on Xbox.

Are there any differences between the PC version and Xbox version?

• The experience of Microsoft Flight Simulator is the same.

It’s a huge step forward to destroy a community and a SIMULATOR. Notice, this is not called MS Flight Game. It’s called MS Flight Simulator. And there is a HUGE difference.

Xbox is a pc
 Um
 It’s a low-end non-upgradable Piece of ■■■■ (PC). This is very noticeable in the fact that since the release the graphics and sim ability on actual computers has taken a huge hit. These two things are very different and NEVER should have been combined. If you want a Flight game on your Xbox
great. MS & Asobo can make one. But for them to destroy what they already had to do it
that was not anything but a huge step BACKWARD!

MS & Asobo made such a HUGE thing about the pure power built into the simulator and the insane graphic output that it would offer. Well over 1,000,000 copies for computers have already been bought. Research has it marked to sell over 3 million total copies (computer
NOT xbox) in the next 2 years. Well over 2.6 BILLION dollars (USD) in the pockets of MS/Asobo. That doesn’t even count 3rd party add-on sales. All on a computer platform.

But, that data was compiled BEFORE the xbox release and the 100’s of 1000’s of ■■■■■■-off disgruntled people that can no longer enjoy their simulator as they had been just a month ago. I mean, think about it
there are already major 3rd party companies stopping production on new add-ons stating that the Simulator as it is THIS MONTH is not worth their trouble. That’s HUGE!!! And I hope they not only published that statement but sent it directly to MS/Asobo. More are sure to follow.

Xbox should have a version of FS. However, since it’s a game machine it should be a totally separate team coding for the limitations of that platform.

Fact is, no Xbox gamer is going to spend THOUSANDS of $ on Flight gameulator. I have barely scratched the surface on purchases compared to MANY others
and I have already spent well over $3,000.00 USD on my simulator. I had planned another $5,000.00 USD this coming year as I was going to build a really nice cockpit. That won’t happen if it is kept ■■■■■■ because of the xbox .

3 Likes

Man, if I combined VRAM and RAM
 Let’s just say it would be WELL beyond 20GB. My 3090 is using 20, and I’ve got 64GB of RAM on my board. 16 is so far below what’s this thing can consume it’s laughable to argue otherwise.

2 Likes

Yep, but they will keep on doing it anyway!

1 Like

Why did you port it over to Xbox Series X?

“I mean, I would say I fundamentally believe in choice. One of the things I honestly love, yeah, I work at Microsoft, but what I really love about where gaming is going is that it’s more and more independent of what machine you’re on,” Jörg Neumann, Head of Microsoft Flight Simulator, told Trusted Reviews.

That is quite the rant. :roll_eyes:

I am not sure what the expletive is that has been blocked but I am guessing it points to the sim being of ‘low quality’ or similar? If that’s so, perhaps you wouldn’t mind watching the video from the post linked below and letting us know where these low quality parts are?

1 Like

Are you kidding me with this myth again, after probably about 2-3 posts, including my own just a few above yours, completely demolished it? Go back and read my post. I managed to get the PC sim to somewhere between 17-20GB in actual use simply by starting it, and asking to be spawned in an A32NX to Charles de Gaulle airport in Paris.

Both 17GB and 20GB are > 13.5GB, meaning your assumption is false. It’s a myth, a legend, in some cases an outright fabrication, in the event someone who knows better, like you do now, continues to repeat it.

So please, for the love of all that is holy, stop spreading that myth as if it were indisputable fact. It’s not!

1 Like

Now what are you doing??? :confused:

Your claims about the PC only using Xbox levels of RAM has been proved wrong AGAIN (and again, and again) - see my earlier screenshot showing 22.5GB being used at 100 render scale.

You posted your video earlier and you have been shown how rectify the ONLY noticeable issue with it and this worked.

Now, rather than flying, you are spamming the forum. What do you claim is your issue now, and what do you think this spamming shows?

2 Likes

Some people look, but do not see. BTW, do we know each other from elsewhere?

1 Like

First off, you say a MINORITY of users CLAIM graphics are downgraded. People keep posting pics of ■■■■ graphics and you claim you don’t see any proof. Maybe you don’t want to see proof.

Minority? I just went to 3 threads on this forum where people are bashing the downgraded graphics. I counted the different posters pro and con. The members posting about severe issues with graphics and other things numbers 63 different people. The members saying they don’t see any difference or very very minute differences number 15. You need to look up the definition of Minority.

No one has claimed (that I have read) that you are a blind idiot or that you wouldn’t know good graphics if they bit you
but you slam every person that states they personally have ■■■■ graphics compared to what they had pre WU5. Where do you get off?

My system is mid range system. And yet, I got better performance with every setting on Ultra than many people got with their multi 1000’s of $ systems with all new i9 chips and 3080’s, 64 gigs mem, etc
 They used to tell me I was full of it. Yet, I would stream with my settings in Ultra and never have an issue (streaming from same computer) and many many people would watch me fly flawlessly. Same people would watch the high end users always having issues
 Guess I wasn’t full of ■■■■.

My point is this
 you don’t know what we are seeing. I have noticed the clouds are now garbage. They look like cartoons. And I have pics you can feel free to look at.

My settings and the garbage clouds that now exist.

Here are the clouds pre WU5

And now, just for kicks
 I find it odd that I have not seen this reported on any thread
 But this happened after WU5 as well
once they ‘fixed’ trees

Aside from being blury where pre WU5 these would have been crystal clear, note the trees. This is NYC. Trees are everywhere. On tops of buildings, around MOST beuildings, in allys, streets, etc
 All sizes
 This is wrong on many levels. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

New studies appear to show that bitterness and delusions of superiority, towards Xbox users, can lead to eyesight and judgement issues.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

You are forgetting about other forums and reddit etc
 But, you need to go over all these places and scan 100%. Take also in consideration the difference in people posting. There is always a larger group posting about issues then people without issues, or are content with something. The tendency of complaining is much, much higher then saying all is fine. When comparing the sim with other games, it’s not all that bad. It appears the majority are ok with the graphics, also when looking at this forum across a lot if different posts. Sure there are people saying “well, it’s not what it was before su5, but i have trust it will improve because there will be lot’s of updates still coming”. You can see this as complaining, or people who are ok with it. It’s what you make of it.

Well, beauty is in the eye off the beholder, to be honest, you are doing the same thing, but, on the other end of the spectrum. The thing is that the minority are really trying hard about convincing there are bad graphics, the responders are just saying, i don’t see it. It’s a matter of taste, matter of being content with and a matter of full hardware/software setup.

It’s much better to say “for me the graphics are not ok because
” instead of “you must agree with me graphics are not ok”. Why is that, why the urge for this?

Some people want to see high contrast clouds, some people are ok with fluffy clouds. Some people want the littlest cloud to draw shadows, some want only thicker clouds to draw shadows (because of ambient lighting and direct lighting bouncing around)
To be honest, these cloud properties are quite impressive as they react on lighting from multiple light sources, where other game engines just do one, maybe two.

I have read you want to build a cockpit, if you want to build a cockpit i think you should definitely also consider other stuff than only graphics. Unless as a cockpit builder behaviour is not your thing, but that’s alright ofcourse. Some want pretty pictures, some want realism and some want it all.

And the trees, well, the game will still have it’s iterations there will still be updates coming. It needs tweaking.

Like Asobo said, they are here for the long run, give or take 10 years from release if i understood correctly. I’ve only seen games survive that long with only a subscription model. Maybe a few with single buy. Quite impressive for a piece of software which such a large staff base. Are you patient enough? I know i am.

My two cents, cheers!

4 Likes

This is interesting, I think I have likely similar system to yours (mid-range), yet my preset clouds (for instance scattered) look like this after SU5:

And few clouds like this:

In the air I get something like this:

Or this:

And just now, live-weather, departing EFHK @FL140ish

2 Likes

Yet another thread. And yet again I have to say: I enjoy MSFS on PC as I did before SU5 dropped. Or actually I enjoy it more, because A. the performance increased and B. I can do some fun trips on the Xbox while being on the couch.
Im relatively young and would say my eyes are fine, so I can not all at refer to the “huge” downgrades some are talking about. But hey, it’s (still) a PC game, and every PCs behaves different + in terms of MSFS, you have the challenge that not everybody has the same internet bandwidth and latency.

3 Likes

Yes, its always mid to long distance, never when looking directly down at something. And its worst when its a bright scene, its much less at dusk