SU5, It is here

Yah, no wonder mine is going so slow… :expressionless:

Unfair old world…

I think I’ll get away with just having to download Premium and Deluxe content. I don’t need any of the World Updates.

The fact of the matter is this XBox release, and SU5 release, isn’t even a pimple on a fleas buttocks, when compared to the entire Microsoft world. No way they’d do that just for a smallish game. Now, if it was a highly anticipated release of Halo, then yes, server re-allocation would be justified.

Graphics seem washed out. Chase camera rotation is slow, even when set to 100%. Load times from pressing the fly button is much faster. Seems a little smoother, but I had gotten it smooth before. I need to fly more to evaluate.

1 Like

oooh I wanna know more> Creator?

Uh, this is a service that people pay for. It’s worth scaling to the extent needed to serve the customers. I’m not saying that they need to scale to super-computer levels. I am just pointing out that they do in fact have the capability of scaling up their resources for periods of times without any long term commitments to that scale.

It’s because MSFS servers are on Defcon 1 right now.
Try again in 24 hours and you’ll be surprised….

2 Likes

Should not have released for x box at the same time as releasing SU5. Servers would have coped better. Maybe a 48 hour delay

1 Like

Such a shame, One of their main marketing points is how they are powered by Azure (which is the world’s second largest cloud services provider) And they can’t manage to deliver an update smoothly.

2 Likes

I don’t see how anything I mentioned can be server related, but whatever.

Guys still something I did not get…is it DX12?

Nope, still DX11

Really, who knows. I’m sure you’re right, that they can scale the servers if they want. I guess, like all for profit companies, there has to be a cost benefit to putting in that effort. But, for all we know, the servers could be running on a sliding scale, and automatically reacting to the access calls in real time. Maybe scaling up and down as needed, and in the most economical fashion. Only MS knows.

What I don know, is every release day for any game, or game patch, includes over burdened download speeds. That’s just how the game world works.

Are you on The Holy XBox? Then yes. Otherwise no.

No…I’m not :slight_smile: :slight_smile: I’m on a 3000$ PC

has the world map always been satellite imagery and i haven’t noticed before?

Plus us PC users are getting mandatory XBOX liveries! Hey, did you see that Blimp they added?! :sweat_smile: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Blimp? That’s actually kinda cool. LOL.

That is generally how it’s done, They are called “Autoscaling Groups” They launch pools of servers that generally all do the same thing, And they can be configured to adjust the size of the pool based on anything from cpu usage, bandwidth usage or other metrics such as requests to your system per second, etc.

doesn’t seem like they have put enough into it though for a smooth experience because I have been downloading at an average of 1.735 MB/s over the 3 hours I’ve been downloading.

1 Like