SU5, It is here

No, no :grin: Just a little fun with @ememPilot

No seriously? Is there a blimp??

Anybody having issues clicking buttons in the cockpit? Whenever I move my mouse over a button/knob, I get a textbox telling me what it does, but I canā€™t manipulate it

Awwwwā€¦ you got me there! :grin:

1 Like

yeah same i find it annoying AF but dont know how to turn it off

1 Like

World Update 24GiB it downloaded 3GiB in half an hour. If this continues it will take another 4 hours to finish? On a 400Gbps Internet?

1 Like

:sweat_smile: :rofl: Hahaha I couldnā€™t resist. Youā€™ll get your blimp one day, I just know it. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

read the patch notes. This is a new default setting - you need to revert it back to LEGACY in the Accessibility options (vs LOCKED).

1 Like

Thank you very much; I shouldā€™ve read the notes myself. All good now!

1 Like

This is a terrible update process - the installer has crashed to desktop on me at least three times, once after over 30GB had been downloaded. Now it looks like the sim itself is loading and hasnā€™t actually tried to get the update at all. This has already happened once today - I get to an empty hangar with animated ground crew wandering around but the only option is to quit to desktop. Three or four other times the installer has started downloading and just gotten stuck and completely unresponsive for 5-10 minutes and had to be force-quit.

Seriously, there has GOT to be a better way to update software in the 21st century.

1 Like

When they came out with cassette players that would auto flip the cassette (or play b side on their own), my mind was blown haha. Good old times.

Anyways, my download finished, took a good two hours but canā€™t play until after work blah.

1 Like

No, thatā€™s one of the new features of SU5

This sounds to me a case of either corrupted software or hardware. I have had no issues with any of the updates since launch last year. Are you sure Windows is up to date? And your SSD /HDD is not corrupted?

never noticed before but it says ive only done 7 hours flying and i have no progress on any activitiesā€¦ something is to whack there

looks good, makes it easier to spot landmarks preparing for a vfr flight

2 Likes

you can let it download in the background, you just get the odd stutter when it verifies the file

I think you mean 400Mbps not Gbps?
Thatā€™s nearly half a terabit/sec.

I have a 300 Mbps connection in the UK.
My Msfs downloads were always around 200-300 Mbps but since SU3 they seem to be capped at a max of 32Mbps.
I spoke to my ISP and they say my connection is not throttled in any way.

I have tried using a VPN as some have suggested but whatever location I select its 32Mbps.

Anyone any idea why.?

I can test my connection and it runs at the full 300. Plus downloads from anywhere else are as expected for 300

Yes, Iā€™m 100% sure. I am far from the first person to have terrible update experiences with MSFS2020 since launch, and not the first to be accused of having defective hardware or out of date OS either. This just the first time Iā€™ve had such a terrible experience personally.

1 Like

World update 37 updates 24GiB.
This looks like they are replacing everything and erasing about 40GiB of old files. Why would they replace everything they could have started with a new flight simulator?

Sorry 400Mbps