SU5 Orbis DC-10 doesn't fly

Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 6.19.59 PM

1 Like

So would you have been happier if you had to pay for it? I don’t get this post.

1 Like

I’ve got the same problem, when I choosed the plane, I’m not able to start

Did you even read the topic you replied to?

7 Likes

Once again, it’s not a problem. It’s working as intended. The MD-10 is just a “grounded” model to explore. Think of it like touring the plane on the tarmac at an air show.

This was all explained in the announcements prior to the release.

When using the DC10 ‘Flying Hospital’, it’s not possible to to fly the plane.
Very strange.
Any ideas, what to do to make this plane airborne??

i got it to fly somehow in free flight

It is not a flyable aircraft. It was released for walking around and exploring. Not sure how you actually do that but the release notes for it state that it is not a flyable aircraft.

i was somehow just able to select it in free flight and fly it

if you have used any other airliner without community mods\fix (etc.), you will find that this is the best airliner right now. :wink:

4 Likes

It’s just for showcase, which I found to be a huge waste of time because they could have been working on actually improving the game.

1 Like

you mean flying the external camera around, don’t you? can you actually play a 3d model of a human?

I guess that is the only way to do it for now, which isn’t ideal. There may be some third party camera addons that let you walk around but I am not aware of any.

Oh really, just to walk around in a plane within a flight simulator. That sounds really poor to me. I don’t buy a flightsimulator, to just only walk around in a plane but can’t fly it? Strange.
Thanx very much for this hint.

How did you do that?

Last sentence on the announcement:

Of course there are ways to get it into the air, just not currently in an official capacity.

i selected the plane in free flight and pressed fly now. only one engine worked and there were no animations but the systems worked.

No it’s not flyable more about raising awareness for the charity

Great cause though

1 Like

It’s just a tourable hangar model to raise awareness of the charity. This was made very clear when it was announced but there’s still been like six threads about it.

2 Likes

Please post some screen shots.