SU5 Stutters when panning camera

Hello all! After the SU5 update I am still getting some stutters. Yes, when i sit still in the VC I am getting a huge boost from SU4, however, as soon as I start to pan around the cockpit I get stutters. I’ll even lose half of my FPS sometimes. This happens with the lasted Dev version of the FBW as well as default aircrafts. Anyone else noticing this? Thanks!

Here is a video: youtu.be/FTt7Tid4Szg

i9-9900K O/C 5.0 GHz | ASUS ROG Strix NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR 4 - 3200MHz | Asus Rog Strix Z390-E Gaming | Sabrent 512GB M.2 & Sabrent 1TB M.2 | Kaken X62 Cpu Cooler | NZXT H510 Elite Case

Just made a short testride with the FBW dev and no. Got no stutters inside. Just very little outside but I changed some settings to ultra, just to test how it react.

1 Like

Hyperthreading on or off?

Hyperthreading On

I have an 11900K and just posted my own thread on this… fps drops in half when panning with the middle mouse button, even in single engine default stuff… same hyperthreading on

And from what I heard Asobo did that on purpose in order to gain FPS…

Going from 60 to 24 in Orlando is a pathetic way to “increase” performance tbh lol

1 Like

I intermittently get small micro-stutters that last 1-2s and sometimes longer pauses that last 3-5s when landing. I have a feeling some of these stutters are probably related to community downloads but I’ve gotten rid of a lot of them that aren’t 3rd party partners. My graphics are custom set at 90% High-End with a few settings on Ultra. Cockpit screen refresh is at low. I have suspicion that stutters are more prone to occur the more active pinging processes are running that eventually bog down your CPU/GPU.

With some success, I tried a fix from other thread that mentions if you turn off / uncheck all the Quick Tabs at the top of the in-game screen, that may help reduce stutter and pauses. So far, it has helped quite a bit. I turned everything off except the Weather tab and I didn’t get any pauses when landing at the same airport or an equivalent city airport. I’m still testing. YMMV.

3 Likes

I’m getting great frame rates unfortunately I’m getting lots of stuttering. Try some tweaking but nothing seems to work anybody have ideas?

Thanks!

3 Likes

Since SU5!

Brief description of the issue:
When i move camera i got massive stutters or lag, the game is showing me 60 fps .
Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

1 Like

I get the same thing on my setup. I found a way to fix it. It was caused by my monitor I believe. I went from stutters while panning to smooth as silk.

I went to nvidia control panel. I turned on vsync and triple buffering.

I went to options in game. I turned on vsync and limited my fps to 30.

I went to my 144hz adaptive sync monitor and turned off adaptive sync.

Now my fps is smooth while panning. It might be just my setup. I have no idea, but its smooth as butter now with around 47 fps or a bit lower in cities. My main thread or my gpu is not limited anymore and my frame times stay in the green.

1 Like

Thanks so much for this post! Your solution work perfectly for me. Stable FPS and smooth panning.

Your welcome. It was driving me crazy trying to figure out what was going on.

So do you think that we have to turn off G-Sync to get smooth panning and camera movements? I’m going to give this a try, as I’m getting terrible stutters while panning around. I find it’s much worse when I pan the camera up and down, rather than from side to side.

Seems like a shame to lose G-Sync when I bought a screen with it.

1 Like

Seems every set up is a bit different. You can try leaving gsync on and still doing the other options. Then turn if off and test both ways.

I’ve got bigger issues now. Every time I change something in the settings, the whole sim freezes. What a Sh*t Show this has turned into since SU5. It was working very nicely for me until they messed it up with the Xbox release.

I have same issue as OP, although my specs are far more modest ( i7-4790, 16GB RAM & an RTX 2060). It appears to be the CPU hammering the frame rate when panning the camera. Oddly enough, when I fly and turn at a similar rate I would with the camera panning the issue does not seem to manifest.

Yes, turn off G-Sync. It doesn’t seem to like MSFS very well, and in reality G-Sync was designed for fast paced games like First Person Shooters anyway. You don’t need it in simulators.

I find the sim runs a LOT smoother when you turn it off. It also means things like the menu and your cursor isn’t locked to your FPS and instead locks to your monitor’s refresh rate.

I am closing this topic because there is another topic with the same issue but has more votes. We are unable to merge votes, so if you voted in this topic, please see this topic and vote.