SU5, terrible GFX

It just shows more pins, they did not change the number of POIs in game in this update.
As I said, just disable them if you’re into realism.

As for the photogrammetry, this is how London looks for me, I’m not sure if it’s the same position but the Themse has the same bend:

My guess is that a low-flying airliner in such a scenery simply causes this delayed loading once you enter the PG area.
Flying with 120KIAS causes my network to constantly use 20-30MBit/s download.

1 Like

Looks very nice, if one prefere the Xbox-style.

1 Like

Have you swtich to YES under Options → Data → Bing-Worldgraphicdata and the point below ?
For me it also was set to NO, enabling it i stream now all world data and the graphics are like before SU5.

(sorry using the german client so maybe the name is not 100% correct)

They already said that everything is set to “on”.
If data was off, you’d not see any photogrammetry, but autogen instead.

2 Likes

And that would be quite obvious.

1 Like

Beautiful, Right ? :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage:

2 Likes

Another thread blaming SU5 for a glitch that is unrelated

3 Likes

Those are all Photogrammetry issues. You are very close to them so its likely not a LOD issue, but possibly related to data speed.

My apologies, but I don’t recognise that place? If you could tell us which city you were flying over, someone may be kind enough to replicate.

3 Likes

Tokyo I guess

2 Likes

i concur .
my streaming speed has dropped a lot and It is quite obvious that there is a server-side problem…
sometimes it works well and sometimes it doesn’t
absolutely random
i was flying near narita …

3 Likes

Good guess! :slight_smile:

Well from the second photo it was quite obvious :yum:

1 Like

Since none of the Xbox crowd are reporting such issues, one can only assume that PC clients are now deprioritized on the server side.

That’s a good point. I’ve not caught may Twitch streams to be fair, and was hoping to catch someone flying with it to see. That said you do need to wade through the many XP/P3D streamers masquerading as MSFS streamers.

Perhaps there servers are not saturate by too many players and can supply all the data for everybody ? did you tried at different hours ?

Does anyone know whether changing servers actually makes any difference to where you stream online data from. I know that it changes the the live players you see in the world, but I have no idea whether it does more than that.

Hi @Salem978 , apologies about the out of topic, but what app are you using that shows the stats on the top left corner

1 Like

One of the things I’m pretty sure about is that they greatly reduced Bing bandwidth for PC users to prevent their servers from crashing.

1 Like

I’m sorry I answered, but it is MSI Afterburner …

1 Like

At a guess I would say MSI Afterburner. Wasn’t that on a list of applications known to cause issues with the sim, along with Sophos AV amongst others? I can’t seem to find the link at the moment.

Here we go:

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015999539-Loading-issues-stuck-on-loading-screen-long-loading-times-stuck-on-black-screen-etc-

It specifically refers to preventing the sim from even launching, so if you can launch the sim with it installed then I guess its fine.

1 Like