SU5, terrible GFX

The only thing I guess we can do, is put the sim aside until something is done to rectify it!

It’s not playable how it is in current state for me! I’ll lose interest very quickly

3 Likes

I don’t know. I have a decent system with good internet. Flying over London is a very good experience now for me. I wish I had an answer.

I think thats a good idea. If you aren’t enjoying something you should move on.

I’ve logged out and back in and rebooted the sim, didn’t do a whole system reboot tho, shall give that a try tomorrow for a 3am alarm clock for work tomorrow so can’t get back on this evening

Yes sadly I have currently lost interest as I can’t use my favourite planes as lots of features are bugged.
Hopefully the 3rd party devs will fix those but it now looks so bloody awful I’m not sure I’ll be back unless they can get the su 4 quality back.

2 Likes

I think something in your setting or connection to server isn’t working. Here is a shot just taken going from Heathrow to London. At about 1000 feet elevation. Did two shots and changed time.

A little blurry but not nearly close to your photo. Like others have said, check your data settings. Also in Graphics check Depth of Field, I have set to Ultra.

1 Like

I read something about data streaming setting auto turned off after the update.

All data settings are on and correct

Graphics DID definitely get worse, but to be honest: not that much. Somethings is wrong here.
Set graphics to low. Apply & Save. Then set them back to ultra. Apply & Save. Then check again. Fingers crossed…

2 Likes

They don’t, at least not in general.

I have a 300 Mbit connection and consistently reach ~160 mbps while downloading the largest files. It has behaved like that since installation the day after launch, but it has to be said that I always wait a couple of days before I update.

Now I understand why they have installed pins everywhere! Because the cities as such are no longer recognizable. Good trick, indeed! :joy:

4 Likes

It’s likely your internet or internal network that’s causing that. It can’t stream in the PG data fast enough.

1 Like

Makes sense :rofl:

Selectively taken screenshot is selective. That’s a data loading issue and you know that but whatever brings in the clicks I suppose.

5 Likes

You can type words in capital letters all you like that doesn’t make it true, not from you or any of the other people trolling these forums with this stuff.

2 Likes

Does it every improve if you just sit there, with the drone camera for instance? If its purely a data access speed issue, it would eventually fix itself. If its a quality of data issue, then others should see this, and then there is no fix other than whoever created those data re-doing them.

1 Like

The update did not “install” any “pins”. You can turn off POI markers in the settings.

@xlStuartlx87 it may be linked to this topic: [BUG LOGGED] Settings do not stick since SU5 - Bugs & Issues / Install, Performance & Graphics - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

It is terrible. I find it a disgrace that a company as large, wealthy and distinguished as Microsoft would allow such a update to be released. I have never been more disappointed with MSFS. If they are going to limit PC to XBOX hardware they could have just said so and saved people the money and time!

Large - agree
Wealthy - agree
Distinguished - disagree

3 Likes

The update definitely increased the number of pins. Before they were few a far between and you had to get really up close to see them.

1 Like