Ignore this (my) advice for the Beta install, Jumivana is basically saying expect to have to download all official content again and that I suggest
Either move them to a different location (even on the same drive) and point to it when asked by the update OR follow these steps.
1) Rename your Community and Official folders by adding a # or similar.
2) Start the update but pause after the first couple of files.
3) Delete the empty C&O folders that the install has just created
4) Rename your own folders back to the original
5) Unpause the update, it will no longer delete your 3rd party mods and it will recognise not to download the Official content again (if it asks then keep the original and NOT replace).
Note that if you do move your files it is still worth pausing to check that UserCfg.opt has updated to the right path.
PS. I heartily recommend that any mods that came with an installer be actually uninstalled now until after the update and then reinstalled, this should prevent any registry errors further down the line.
It’s relatively simple. Just move out your community folder, rename it and create an empty community folder. No need to do any other stuff. Been doing since day 1 of updates and never had any issues. Hope this helps simplify matters. Good day to all
I think what it means, there is a navdata app where you update the airac cycle for MSFS 2020…also the CRJ plane. When you open the app there is an option to remove the airac cycle. When you reopen the navdata app option to load the airac cycle.
Not sure the reason why, but I have done that for every update, as well as rename the community folder.
Exactly just do what you normally do, my personal opionion, if you rename or move everything out of your community folder where the navdata is loaded anyway…I think your be fine. I am just doing what I normally do, I believe some users like to confuse others.