SU6 Telling me to download 84.36 GiB

I didn’t get those :man_shrugging: It’s a weird thing. Maybe the Zendesk knows someting. At least some kind of word that they are looking into it would be nice to know :smiley:

Let’s just say they are overworked and a generic email is probably all you will get, possibly with a list of solutions that have worked for others before. An auto response is par for the course for most large companies these days, persistence is the only solution and even that doesn’t work if they see nothing wrong.

Yes but what directory I can’t find it haha

Wait I got the safe mode alerts… I thought it was because I would just turn my whole pc off instead of close the game

What I didn’t say is that I think it’s unlikely … but it is entirely possible and even with crash codes attached.

1 Like

So how do I fix the update problem because I have not a clue

Is the only solution to download all?

1 Like

If the method above didn’t work then I don’t know.

1 Like

Idk :sob: I wanna start flying again

I’m having the same issue. This updater just never works for me the way it’s supposed to. It is maddeningly inefficient.

Well after waiting for all 80 gb to download I can no longer get to the menu screen, just freezes on the loading screen. At a loss as what to do now.

Same issue here. Never had any issues updating before. Tried to update to SU6 yesterday. 85.69 Gib update required. Ridiculously slow download speeds (about 3 Mbps). About 15 hours later I have downloaded 28 of the required 85 Gib (33%) and now I’ve just read the post by @hazzer111 that after doing the same thing, his loading screen just freezes. If that happens to me 24 hrs from now, which is when I expect the download to finish, I’m going to completely lose it.

1 Like

Yeah, same thing here - I did tried multiple things - Checking paths, even in caches, removing some files, copying whole folder of the game, to the new one - Reinstalled game in Xbox app, but nothing changes. - I did submit support ticket for this so we will see tommorow. - I will leave the update through the whole night, atleast i will have some Gbs downloaded if its only way to fix this ( re-download whole game )

• it’s going to be pain with my 10/1Mbits connection. - Such a Game-Breaking update / Bug.

I saw that I needed to update so immediately gave up any hope of being able to play this week. I don’t have much time off, so when I come to play and get bombarded with broken updates and a rediculous update procedure I can’t help but laugh and give up. Otherwise id have gone through the roof

2 Likes

Support on Zendesk wasn’t helpful so far unfortunately…just advised to let it download thw 85GB, which for me doesn’t work due to limited space and reading the post above, isn’t working either, as the game wouldn’t start anymore…

But glad that more and more report the same problem. That confirms my thought of an server issue, during the “Check for Updates” screen, I guess.

2 Likes

Dealing with the same problem after starting up FS 2020… Download of 84 GiB is required. I never had issues with updates. I just want to fly…
Will somebody report if they find a solution? Thx

1 Like

i Live Stream the game on TikTok so ive been desperately trying to find a fix, im hoping a solution can come soon :frowning:

Is this all happening due to this? I am not a pre-release tester afaik :smiley:

So do we need to download the full game again?

Same issue here, I usually don’t complain, but the installation/update mechanic has been utter ■■■■ since alpha, they haven’t fixed since, and it’s very likely they never will.
So yes, we are probably a very low percentage of users having this issue, so it makes no sense for them to fix it.

Edit: a quick summary of why its utter ■■■■:

1. Relatively low download speeds on some places (South America, for example, currently at 50 Mbps),
  2. It downloads one file at a time, then decompresses it, then next file. I’d think that parallelizing that would help a bit.
  3. The app is currently munching 1.4 Gb of ram and using 30% of my CPU time while downloading, why would a download use that many resources?
  4. For some users, a 400Mb patch ends up being a 80Gb patch.
3 Likes