SU6 / Your toughts?

I emptied the community folder, made two flights and everything went well.
It seems much improved, very good impression.

1 Like

I made a flight from Catalina Island to Long Beach, California, IFR with 3rd party Catalina Island scenery and the Global AI Ship Traffic without any issues. No strange ATC requests, add-on scenery works fine. Also, I forgot to empty my community folder before the update but havenā€™t had any problems.

1 Like

Very much impressed by my tests in beta! I could reenable all my mods without a ctd (could not locate the faulty mods after SU5ā€¦). Very smooth so I tried lod 300 and I am amazed by the details in the alps. Hats off Asobo!

2 Likes

Yeah that ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  shimmerā€¦ Itā€™s just depressing at this point. Be sure to watch the q and a tomorrow and ask them to fix it!

Amazing update to the VR frame timings, now a lot more consistent smooth and not constantly battling reprojection in Oculusā€™ OpenXR implementation. Average framerate are about the same and thereā€™s occasional stutter which Iā€™m sure the DX12 update will smooth out.

Main issue is that the image seems overly bright compared to the last update.

1 Like

Iā€™m very happy with this update, the update process was flawless for me and me first flights were smooth, and the detail appears to be similar to pre SU5 (perhaps even a bit better).
My only problem has been with the H135 which has tiny consistent shaking, in VR it actually started to induce a migraine, but once I changed aircraft all was lovely once more. I guess there will need to be an update to the H135 at some stage.

[edit] A temporary fix is already available for the H135 via their discord server.

its not to shabby in VR however i lost Live weather, i click on it and the slider moves over for 1/10ā€™s of a second and auto sets back to manualā€¦

all data settings have been checked and reverted but still nothing

The mouse pointer remains visible all the time.
The mantatory logbook entry at the end of the flight (when turning the ignition off) turned me out of VR. After closing the loogbook I was back i VR, however when I finally pressed a button to return from VR to 2D - the sim crashed (no big deal, the flight was over).

Smooth install this time. Not noticing too much difference in fps. No ctdā€™s. Improved contrasts. Night lighting is much better. Stars are the same. Reflections much better. Still getting some jumping in fov with G2. Overall a step in the right direction!
(i7-10700, rtx3080, 32G)

1 Like

Only had a quick flight so far, but the same happened to me, very annoying.

1 Like

Good VR performance, seems perhaps a little smoother than before but I could be wrong.

Just tried another flight and the servers were down, so I flew offline. The mouse in VR is acting up very strangely. I use the centre mouse button to open up the menu bar and the right button to enable and disable the mouse.
The mouse wouldnā€™t show, but when I opened up the menu bar it did. Then with the menu bar open or closed the mouse would not go away. If I held down the right button it would disappear only to reappear when I let go. If I had a menu item open though, say the weather panel, I could then get rid of the mouse pointer by pressing the right button again. If I closed that panel though, the mouse icon would reappear and could not be closed.

I believe some people complained about this during the beta test but were seemingly ignored. I mean, how hard can it be to get that right?

1 Like

The mouse is a disaster I was in the vr beta we complained trust me.

1 Like

Rats. I hope they put out a hotfix for this soon.

its only been that way since the vr beta,im sure they will get to it soon lol.

I noticed the mouse issue as well.

Click on any button in the cockpit, doesnā€™t matter what (but something nonessential) and then donā€™t move the mouse. The pointer should disappear.

same here; still remapping buttons and axiesā€¦ to find that mixture axis doesnt do condition lever anymore

I can hide the cursor by clicking the mouse scroll wheel, click again to bring it back.

1 Like

Same here Iā€™ve been doing that since VR inception, worked just fine last night.

cockpit flood lights in vr mode flickering. comes and goes. never done that in the past. otherwise no issue.