SU7 VR comments?

Tried DX12 that’s when fps dropped way down. Reverted back to DX11 and it has stayed between 9-14 fps. I checked my Nvidia settings, no change. Checked Windows 11, turned HAGS on and Game Mode on as these worked best for me…still didn’t help. My CPU is running about 20-30% and my GPU 92%. Everything seems to work smoothly with other programs and Windows 11 is snappy otherwise. So it’s something with the simulator. In game rendering 100 and OpenXR 100. Using a Reverb G2

Oculus link user here:

Everything is about the same for me. Except the look of the sky and clouds has improved. Haven’t tried using controllers. I turned all assistance off and don’t use the menus.

I’m enjoying it. I’m sure hotfixes will come soon.

1 Like

There is a way to set up the inflight windows with a HotKey, I did it with ATC, but now I cannot remember how to do it. Maybe a workaround until the dropdown menu gets fixed?

Tried to take a trip in the FlyByWire A32NX but found toolbar broken in VR like so many others. Also found that although VR controllers are visible in the cockpit, they do not interact with any of the switches, dials or flight controls. I haven’t tried the controllers in any other a/c yet but I’m not at all optimistic.

What’s your FPS in VR? What hardware do you have?

switch on Dx12 - looks all pretty good to me in the F18… smoother feeling. No FPS counters used. 2080 RTX + Ryzen 3900 / 64gb

1 Like

I reverted back to DX11 in 2D settings, quit to Desktop, restarted MSFS and I am back to the same decent performance as before flipping DX12 on. However, I’m on Win10 and have no plans to change that anytime soon.

We will have to buy the Reno Air Race pack to experience in VR the intensity of flying at 250 knots 200 feet from the ground, soft as butter…

Congrats! Maybe you’re lucky because you’re on a somewhat low-end CPU - most other people report a severe performance regression when using DX12, and so do I.

Enjoy!

I get stuttering in my Reverb G2 in DX12 Mode that I am not getting in DX11 Mode. Also first flight in DX12 had a CTD.

Interesting point on OXR. I run with runtime off because with 1.07 it gave me stutters. How do you revert back to 1.07?

DX12 is still beta, use DX11.

small remark: when switching to DX12 it says beta and I have to restart the sim. When I come back in teh sim, it says Dx11 again. So I doubt now if I have flown with DX12 at all… anyone else same issue?

The one eye reflection at least is fixed which is nice…
Otherwise I have smooth performance with DX11 or 12.

You need to switch your mouse back to lock from legacy.

After flippin on DX12 and restarting MSFS, developer mode overlay showed D3D12. After reverting all way back, it says D3D11 again.

Same same. I’m a bit confounded. I assume that Asobo et al beta tested a major update like SU7 that includes migration to DirectX12 (beta), but seeing the consistent comments regarding its lack of performance in VR in a variety of different platforms, along with clear issues with the toolbar in VR, I’m not convinced anyone really QCd the VR impacts. If they did, wouldn’t it be reasonable to assume they would fix it, or, offer fixes/guidance on how best to implement the SU7 changes. I’m not a programmer but it appears performance enhancements in VR is a zero-sum game; if VR performance is improved, 2D suffers etc. I guess at the end of the day it’s a balance between finite resources and the magnitude of different user systems. As with other comments thus far, I had just dialed in really good G2 settings only to see them degrade overnight.

Let me start by expressing a special thanks to Asobo for this wonderful update. I think it destroyed EVERYTHING that worked so nicely in the sim.

First of all I had to reset all the settings I worked on to set in order to get the best performance. Then all assistance settings were set to easy. then the mouse profile caused the world map not to respond to my mouse.

In VR, I cannot interact with the toolbar. Also the panels cannot be moved or closed once opened. THIS SUCKS!!!

I had a toggle switch on my DIY throttle quadrant to enable Reverse Thrust. It suddenly doesn;t work any more. I can toggle the switch but previously when I increased throttle, it increased in reverse, now it increases in normal direction.

And I’m still not done checking out if everything works, so maybe there is more I will discover…

WHY, WHY, Asobo??? Are you guys really testing this properly? I’m willing to take place in the beta testing if you want, because you guys need that.

5 Likes

Um…I don’t grasp that!? For me, deactivating “use latest preview runtime” (or however it is called) will give me 1.07. If I activate the latest preview runtime, I’ll be on 1.08, which is buggy for me.

If you do, please make sure you properly report it as a bug so others who are affected can vote it up.