SU8, Constantly hearing powered Jet Engine sounds in Cockpit

When I’m in the Cockpit I keep hearing Jet Engine sounds, when switching to external views they go away only to come back again when back in the cockpit. They sometimes go off at random only to restart again, incredibly annoying.

I have restarted after initial Downloading of the SU8 Update and the same thing occurs, never had this before nor during the Beta that I can recall. Flying without Mods over England currently.

Same here, it seems to happen in any aircraft, not only the C208.
It happens midair with no other aircraft around. The sounds disappear when setting AI traffic to zero.
So apparently it is a sound of some distant AI aircraft which erroneously is played inside the player’s cockpit.

4 Likes

Happened to my as I was landing in the default 172…

This is so annoying that I have set “other” aircraft engines to around 25 or 30% volume in options.

1 Like

You’re hearing other planes. But you only hear it when in the cockpit.

I’m currently sitting on the apron at KSMO. I can hear the planes at KLAX several miles away as if they were right beside me.

3 Likes

This problem has existed since before SU8, and it tends to happen when you are in an airport with a lot of multiplayer players.
I can hear the engines of third party planes, but I’ve never heard the engines of Asobo planes.

Was it reported prior to SU8? Personally I’ve never ever heard this before SU8 and I’ve flown from plenty of airports with Live/AI/Multiplayer traffic.

Either way it makes this plane (at least) practically pointless to fly as the jet noise is incredibly intrusive.

1 Like

Noticed during BETA. Like many other reported SU8 regressions, not fixed before official release.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/live-traffic-sounds-feeding-into-cockpit/498652
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/ai-traffic-sounds-exaggerated/497232

2 Likes

That is the disadvantage of this voting system.
If a report of the same issue gets clustered into more threads, every thread gets just a few votes.

1 Like

recognized also in the fbw a32nx. so i think its a global problem.

Thank you for this thread. This one was already logged during the BETA.
I’m addig the official tag.

3 Likes

I’ve experienced this flying the C337 yesterday… Not had it before SU8. It seems to happen when there is ai within 10 miles or so of the aircraft.

Happening here also with Live Traffic and Multiplayer on. Never once had the issue prior to SU8.

Haven’t tried with using AIG injected traffic and Multiplayer off yet.

I have just experienced this for the first time flying the C172. Never heard it before SU8 and I was using AIG Injected Traffic. Its really annoying

1 Like

Edited title to reflect this bug happening in other planes not just the C208b

From what I recall, this is due to using AIG models because they’re using an FSX soundset which is not native to MSFS.

Thank you for the post! Very helpful. Thanks again!

Are you on Xbox, Steam or Microsoft Store version?
MS Store

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
Dev Mode but doesn’t matter

Brief description of the issue:
Flying in an an airplane and having AI Traffic (Airliner) flying around gives me a very loud jet sound (coming nearer and leavin as the AI plane flies).
AI plane was near, but still 1 or 2 nm away!

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Fly and search for AI Traffic and hear

1 Like

I started to get this in the Melbourne area in the c152 could clearly hear all AI jet aircraft taxi and take off from nearby Melbourne airport. I was at Essendon around 5 miles away. The sound went away when using outside view, then returned when inside the cabin. These sounds are very loud. Tried restarting the flight and got the same results. Also tried changing the sound output settings.

Microsoft store version, DX12 beta, using Reverb G2

1 Like

I think I just recreated this too (152 acrobat). I also hear ‘whirrs’ like flaps moving that only seems to happen with any sort of Live or AI traffic enabled.

EDIT: Probably worth pointing out that my audio was set to fixed outputs (the Reverb G2 devices), to mitigate this one: