SU8, Constantly hearing powered Jet Engine sounds in Cockpit

I am getting this problem as well. Really bothers me.

you can reduce the other aircraft volume on the sound settings

3 Likes

@TechyCentipede6 - This. Not sure if this is new but there is a dedicated volume slider in options for “other aircraft”. I had the same problem using AIG traffic and it was set at 100%. Changed to 5% and no longer hear inside the aircraft. Something for sure new was introduced in SU8 with this - Either the slider and/or the volume set at 100%.

This seems like a dupe of this earlier bug report:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/ai-traffic-sounds-exaggerated/497232

Confirmed, yes this is about the same thing.

Can confirm this, too. Yesterday I installed AIG models (not traffic controller) - I’m not absolutely sure if it was the same, before I installed the models…

this sums up the sim, at least since SU5

since SU8 i’m hearing more other planes but i can only hear them looking direktly at them no matter if 50ft or 1000ft way, as soon as i turn slightly the sound vanishes to off very/too quickly.

What is strange is that the ‘other aircraft’ sound should be subdued when INSIDE the cockpit compared to OUTSIDE. It is the opposite now, Outside the aircraft, one only hears their own aircraft, but as soon as you go inside the cockpit view, aircraft 10 miles away that ae taxiing and taking off can be heard even at 5% setting!

I’m also experiencing this problem, even at small airports where I’m the only aircraft. (AIG is running)

According to the latest Q&A, this will be amended with the next Sim Update due April 26, and earlier as a beta.

2 Likes

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Beechcraft 17 Staggerwing - sound issues in multiplayer - other aircraft replaced my sound

I think the devs may have spoken about this issue in the last Q&A.

Did anyone installed the SU 9 Beta already? In the release notes it says that the problem of this topic is fixed?
" 12. Fixed attenuation distance in cockpit for AI SimObjects using legacy wavedata pipeline"

I am in the Beta. Rreactivated AI audio but didn’t hear the “vacuum cleaner” sound so far, thus the issue seems to have been resolved.

That’s preliminarily, will watch it further.

3 Likes

I adjusted the other plane sounds already to as low as level 10 in the control panel.
But everywhere i fly i can hear other planes engine sounds flying around me or even from nearby airfields in the cockpit from 10+ miles way?
This is only when in the cockpit and, and not in external view?
I,m flying in VR with HP Rverb G2.
Also, if i move the sound slider of other planes in the options menu, the problems dissapaers for a short while…until a next plane start up it,s engine from a nearby airfield.
Very strange.
This problems is since the latest update.

Is this a bug?

I put it to 0 just to workaround for the moment and it works. No more tedious jet noises in my cockpit

Yeah this has really frustrated me when approaching busy airports and you hear other players jets from miles away inside your plane but silent outside.

Issue fixed in the 1.25.7.0 version of the sim