Sudden FPS Drop

Hi, usually i can keep a consitent 30FPS with following RIG:

I7868K, 42GB, RTX 2080, Hdd

Sometimes out of the blue, the FPS drops to >10 FPS and keeps there. Only a restart of the simulator fixes the issue.

When i look at the system stats, i dont see gpu or cpu near any limits

It would be nice if can recover from this state without restarting the sim.

update, restart of the flight in the sim also fixes the issue. Still curios what triggers this?

Could be a driver crash/instability. You have the newest version of Windows and drivers?

• Windows key + i > updates
  • And your gpu software ie. Geforce Experience

New drivers were released last night for Nvidia as well as a Windows update. These fixed my frame issues.

Hi captnklotz,

Have you enabled developer mode to see what’s limiting the performance? This sounds very much like the ‘Limited by CoherentGTDraw’ issue. That’s been around for ages and seems to have mostly been fixed (mostly…).

But if that is what’s causing your sudden drop to the suspicious 10fps, two fixes I know of that usually work:

(1) Close the VFR map and remove the VFR map icon them the tool bar.
(2) If that didn’t do it, same for the ATC window … close and remove icon from the toolbar.

There has been loads of discussion of this. I have seen both these problems in the past, but must admit, not since the last sim update. Anyway, worth trying before doing anything more drastic.

Limited by coherentGTdraw
Coherent GT Draw and Performance Decreasing During Flight

1 Like