Suddenly ctd

Microsoft Store version

FBW Developer Mode

almost 4hrs of flight no issue, but just before land in Toronto suddenly all stopped

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1387, time stamp: 0x0b9a844a
Exception code: 0x80000003
Fault offset: 0x00000000000c9072
Faulting process id: 0x3d4c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7f42f6beb8517
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.21.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: a64b8c60-a7f4-46f5-9e73-2991b74ddf95
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.21.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Bummer. Sorry to hear.

I’m too plagued with random CTD’s since yesterday. Cannot finish a flight.

Totally bummed out.

Everything had been fine but obviously something changed.

In each instance, the graphics slow to a stop and then crashes.

12/19/21 update: As many have indicated, I disabled the HAG and that seems to work so far. The downside, I had to back off my High graphics settings to Medium.

I have flown 3 flights from KLOT to KMDW in the 172 and a short flight from KLOT to 1C5 in the H135 and no CTD’s. Definitely seems like a video driver issue, as many have indicated.

12/23/21 Yesterday I updated the new NVIDIA driver 497.29, I reenabled the Hardware Graphics Accelerator and no CTD’s. However, after about 15 minutes of flying, my framerate went from 30+ down to 5. Today I disabled the accelerator again and will update the results as soon as I get to test.

12/23/21 disabling the accelerator will work, no CTD but I had to keep graphics settings on Medium otherwise, without the accelerator, performance is Poor. I maintained a frame rate between 35-60. Cpu rant avg of 50 %. I have a GTX 1660 Super.

2 Likes

Points often to low memory, have you checked the virtual memory settings in windows ?

2 Likes

thanks for the heads up

yeah all of a sudden, when loading a flight or even in menus, constant ctds now…i don’t think submitting a ticket will do anything. I’m not even getting an error message. There’s just too many graphics card/memory/server problems with the new version that suddenly show up.

See my update.

I too have experienced multiple ctd starting this morning. The ctd occurs while I am attempting to load the software. Shortly after the software finishes looking for updates, bang! Off it goes. I am beginning to wonder if things like this will ever get fixed by the MS/Adobo team.

1 Like

Same here, since yesterday i had random crashes with out any explanation as i had ultra stable sim ,smooth with out any issues for a long period. Possibly those crashes have to do with server issues and live weather and not from our systems/graphic driver etc.
I made a test flight for 40min with the new nvidia driver and everything was good. ( Hags ON)

It’s not Asobo. It’s the NAVIDIA drivers.

I completed another flight a few minutes ago. No issues. All I did was disable the windows graphics acceletator and back down the sim graphics settings from high to medium.

Just saw that new drivers were just released.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/new-nvidia-driver-497-29-has-been-released/483064?u=n347dt

But what changed since yesterday? We used the same driver with same settings with zero issues

1 Like

My flight just CTD with this new driver … DO NOT UPDATE NVIDIA !!! because it is impossible to rollback afterwards, as the “rollback” option does NOT highlight

1 Like

I had a Disco-Party of crashes yesterday with 472.12 ! At least in my situation i dont think its nvidia driver issue. I made a short flight with latest driver ( 497.29) and looked stable ( for 40 min)

still think it’s a joke…now Asobo has gone on holidays, i was hoping for a bit of stability for a couple of weeks, but then Nvidia takes over…seriously, guyes ?!? :roll_eyes:

Thanks for the heads up.

Running 497.09 Nvidia drivers and getting CTD during load screen of a flight from map view. The game just hangs on flight loading screen until it CTDs. Going to try new drivers…

New driver worked for me. Nvidia drivers 497.29. I was in flight for about 40 mins. My game DID crash after zooming in too far/fast near my arrival airport. However, this CTD has happened many times before, so I don’t believe it had anything to do with the current issue people are experiencing.

I should note, I changed the Texture Filtering Quality to High Performance.

Yesterday, I could operate the sim in safe mode which basically just limited my choice of aircraft. However, today, it still ctds if I try to run in other than safe mode. Further, in safe mode, there is no ATC, and the only flight navigation available is direct. I wonder what it will be like tomorrow?

By the way, I updated Nvidia to 497.29 and that had no effect on the sim. Still crashes or in safe mode operates direct VFR only.

I recommend 472.47 ( Early November, studio version) . I have the Beta…no CTD and good FPS since I installed this one last week. Still stable today

oh man… the OP ( @Thomas7878735 ) reported a CTD with

KERNELBASE.dll
0x80000003

and I assume nobody which answered here have the same error message in its log ( and most wrote in about 10 different topics about a here CTD ).

I hope for the OP (@Thomas7878735 ) that he get usefully hints from this not related posts :joy: