Suffering with poor FPS after today's update? Please submit a ticket!

I clearly asked politely, of you have a problem with that then that’s your problem.

Again, thanks for posting the link…

After update 42fps

Before update 66fps

Can’t get more then 60fps anywhere in the world anymore. Asobo probably gonna say this cannot be because they didn’t change anything in the graphics engine or something. Just like they said with the LOD discussion. “we didn’t change anything”

Sure… I was prety positive after UK update, but now i haven’t finished a single flight because i was to busy with getting the fps and stuttering fixed. Wonderfull update!

No real answer that is of any use to use as a user base, just ‘we’ve optimised x y and z but oh we missed this’

And they’re ‘thinking about a hotfix’

1 Like

The real problem is people being lazy. It was a simple search.

I think most of us would happily trade that 60 fps for the 15 we’re getting after the udpate. Hell, I’d happily take that 6fps loss you got over the 30 fps loss I got.

This is kind of like the multi-millionaire complaining to the poor dude on welfare that he’s angry because he lost $1000 in a bad deal

2 Likes

“We have a team that’s working on that”

“We are branching out into that”

“We want to implement that”

Honestly, I’m beginning to lose any faith in them to actually made this sim the brilliant platform it can be. They’re adamant on branching out, implementing new things all the time while the basics are completely broken.

They try to juggle with that many different things that they end up dropping everything.

3 Likes

Not surprised to hear that. It’s been the de facto standard so far. Talk without saying anything.

6 Likes

Yep so many words yet they say so little.

1 Like

I have the same problem with RTX 3090 and I9 10900K @ 5.3 GHZ. FPS dropped to 9 FPS from solid 77FPS.

GPU Driver: Nvidia 461.72

1 Like

Maybe you should go back to school then. 66 - 42 = 24. So not sure where you get that 6fps loss from? i mean there’s even pictures ffs. How hard can it be.

Anyway. This topic is about poor fps after the update. So a difference in 24 fps is kinda significant isn’t it?

1 Like

Guys I know we are all frustrated by this issue but please, let us stay civil and respectful with one another.

3 Likes

My apologies. I missed the line on 24 fps that was buried between the screen shots. My comment was based on this part:

" Before update 66fps

Can’t get more then 60fps anywhere in the world anymore."

And yes, 24 fps is very significant.

1 Like

Agreed - the best thing to do is try to assist with finding the root cause. And this is going to be a tough one because some of us are running @ relatively the same performance as before (myself included) and others are obviously impacted with this CPU spike / GPU pause.

1 Like

Yeah - on the live Q&A they said they have already today found a couple of areas which have broken or negatively impacted performance. Let’s just hope they hotfix their findings and don’t make us wait and wait.

3 Likes

It’s most definitely a CPU thing. My CPU is now running 20+ degrees hotter than it has in the 2 years I’ve had this system. I’ve never had anything get it that hot before.

3 Likes

yeah figured that allready. The 60fps anywhere in the world was related to the fact that even the most easy to render places (where fps would easily hit 80+ earlier) would now not even give me 60fps anymore.

Also very jittering image. Altough it says 60fps… doesn’t feel like it

2 Likes

I’ll take a 30 fps smooth frame rate over a jittery 60 fps any day. And for the most part, that’s what I had before the UK Update. 40-45 and mostly smooth. The UK Update dropped me to 30 fps, but I noticed my frame times were far more consistent, so the experience was smooth. Even when I dropped to the low 20s in the super busy areas, it didn’t feel like 20 fps.

Now it’s unplayable for me at a skippy, jittery 15 fps.

So what I’ve found is my fps is terrible in the airport on the ground. Once I actually get to flying around out of the airport airspace it seems to be much better.

Can confirm that with 457.30, I also didn’t lose any performance. Not saying that’s the only possible reason though

This is me as well