Suggestion to add a Ground Plan ( taxi route as spectfied by ATC) to the VFR map

Please feel free to DISCUSS the PROs and CONS of this suggestions, before it is determined if it warrants being move ( by the Topic Author ) to a VOTE (where arguments against the Idea are not permitted)

Suggestion is to add a Ground Plan ( taxi route as specified by ATC) to the VFR map.

Since the VFR map is NOT a real world device, this should be an acceptable AID to taxing within the sim.

Note: I am NOT suggesting adding a “Ground Plan” taxi route to any GPS system, as that would be a fake, non-real world addition, but adding it to the MSFS “VFR Map” would be both “immersionally” acceptable & useful,

It would also seem to be quite technically possible, as the MSFS code had already had to calculate the Taxi Instruction, to be issued by ATC, so all this would be doing is displaying that route on the VFR map. :smiley:

(Far easier than adding a “FOLLOW ME” Vehicle, – but that would be a nice addition as well !! :- as done in previous MS Flight Sims)

An added BONUS would be, once this is being displayed, it might aid in the Visualization, Diagnosis and Fixing of some of the CRAZY taxi instructions that get issued by ATC !!

2 Likes

How come you didn’t add this as a wish-list? I like the idea. But, we can’t vote on it here.

So something like Airport Navigator (X-Plane plug-in) or the Airport Visual System (AVS)-FlightFactor-AVS (X-Plane plug-in) but for MSFS?

The VFR map would read the scenery files and show the taxi ways as loaded from scenery.

NO, when you are on the Ground, and ATC gives you Taxi instructions, it will draw that ATC specified taxi route on the VFR Map.

Something like this – a Blue taxi route

4 Likes

The idea is to first discuss it, and come up with the best features of such a wish. ( Both Positive and negative aspects).
The problem with immediately going to a VOTE, is there , one is not allowed to express any negative ideas and aspect of the Wish.

Yes, it will later go to become a Wish, once there has been some input… its not as if it will be wished for today, and magically appear tomorrow, “MSFS was not built in a day”

2 Likes

EIther way, I like this idea better than the follow me arrows, especially since I believe you can’t turn those on and off with a key stroke like you could in FSX?

And then there’s the other non-exclusatory wish that you could also read taxiway signs at night from a distance instead of them being all washed out.

I think its a great idea and I can’t imagine what kind of downsides, cons, or negatives there might be.
There might be technical issues with addon airports being different but I don’t actually know.

I think it would be great to have it. I have //42 Flow Pro. Haven’t used it much other that to change nametags, weather, time and metar, but may someone could write a script for it or maybe something that //42 could add.

Not sure if //42 Flow Pro is sold in the Marketplace, but I bought mine from ORBX.

You can find a lot of user written scripts for it in flightsim.to. In the very short time of it’s existance a lot of stuff has already been created for it.

We was promised charts via Navblue was announced in the partnership deal they did. This was very close to release and still nothing.

If we was provided with these it wouldnt be that difficult to incorporate something along the lines of the moving maps provided by navigraph, which overlay the chart templates.

Dont think you’ll ever see them tho, seem to have forgotten about them.

If the MSFS ATC can specify a Taxi route, AND the AI pilot can follow it (even at 3PD airports), there should not be any technical problems – apart from the task to add this feature being given appropriate priority to proceed, and to be implemented.

1 Like

“MSFS was not built in a day”.

So true. They’ve been building it for forty years and there’s still a very long way to go!

The toggle for taxi ribbons was added a few sim updates back. I believe it’s not bound by default. You need to set up a keybind for it yourself.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.