Sun Visors - Why don't they work in default aircraft?

I’d still like to see the following on all base, premium and deluxe airplanes.

• Sun visors
  • Doors
  • Being able to get into the back of the airplane

Just set the bar a little higher. Not expecting fuse panels.

Visors and virtual sunglasses would help considerably over the auto exposure system they are trying to push.

1 Like

After flying the 414, I question why other 3rd party planes with working sun visors don’t work as well as the ones on the 414!

The only experience I have so far is with the TBM Improvement Project and the Kodiak. I like the ones in the TBM better but I suppose the Kodiak is modeled to reality.

The 414 has by far the most adjustable visors I’ve tried. You can rotate, tilt, extend, and move them to the side windows, and it’s infinitely adjustable.

Rather than “they had trouble getting it to work”… my bet it was more… “OMG, we have so much to get done, forget this, get this done instead…”

It’s not like there’s much difficulty in getting animations to work. Except for the time it takes to do it.

Not to mention there are rumors multiple developers developed the default aircraft. It’s possible they may have had difficulty developing a standard animation procedure for all developers to use, so shelved it. And when I say difficulty, they spec’d out how long such a task would take and said “Nah”

1 Like

could also be that these default aircraft with missing features will be completely redone by 3rd party developers eventually, just as most of the default FSX aircraft were - for the same reason. The sim needed aircraft content for release - as noted they probably had so many pokers in the fire throughout MSFS that a few missing features in some aircraft led them to the stated solution of just ‘sizing them all to the common denominators’ and making the default planes consistent with each other.
I doubt Asobo will redress them in any way at all - other than to keep pace with sim updates

No actually you’re all wrong.

The ONLY model that had both external and internal models with animated doors was the TBM.

Some other aircraft do have their external model with animated doors, but the internal model still shows them in place (closed), which as you can imagine would not look right at all. There is no way of animating the doors on the inside of the aircraft without cutting them out in the model, assigning animations to them, and then reanimating every single dial etc that is in the cockpit! THEN you have to re-add all the textures, and blend them correctly so they look right.

I gave the example of the Robin above, but it could be the Cessnas or any other default aircraft. The cockpit model just doesn’t have the doors animated, which is exponentially more involved than changing things on the external model.

That answers the question, but it’s still not a solution.

But as long as the developers for months don’t manage to correct the smallest subsequently introduced flaws, e.g. on the TBM930, the sun visors are probably one of their smaller problems.

But hey, lets think positive, we have now an spaceship therefore :face_with_hand_over_mouth:.

There’s a Wishlist topic for it here:

I like the MD80s little screen but it doesn’t cast a tinted reflection, I don’t think there’s a key command to release the tail cone and drop the stairs either, can’t have everything.

The Eye Adaption in SU10 will probably do crazy things in that situation if they don’t fix it.

Its there for almost 2 years :roll_eyes:.

Is there anybody out there?

And only 104 votes. For 2 years, you’d think that would be higher if users really wanted that feature.

Absolutely yes, thats the fact.

Anyway. 104 votes is still on the higher side, and, you are right, as long as 400+ voted wishes are still untouched it is way back in the pipeline.

And as long as a major quantity of the users prefer 3rd person view for their entertainment and moving trains are higher voted (in an flight simulator by self definition) there is no need for such, ääähm, seriously exotic wishes.

A joker, who thinks.

1 Like

While the Forum “wish list” may server to express the wishes of a very few vocal members in what is a very small Forum community, compared with the Install base of MSFS – I “Personally” would prefer a Design Profession at Microsoft or Asobo, looking at the “Big Picture”, made the decision as to what gets changed, added, removed etc.

Actually,

the past 2 years has shown that is is EXACTLY what is happening,

so all I see the MSFS Forum “wish list” doing, is acting as some sort of PR exercise, to make forum members believe their wishes are being listened to.

And yes, I know (have been told many times) that MS & Asobo “read” the forums) but at times, it sure does not look that way to this forum member., especially when watching the Twitch Q&A sessions .

1 Like

You hit on some big annoyance I have when it comes to large companies and design. Which is letting the masses design and dictate a product, too much emphasis on focus groups, and design by committee. The masses often don’t know what they want or need.

I’ve seen Microsoft give up on countless great ideas. They fail to market it, fail to follow through and then when the metrics show low adoption they just drop. That’s not how innovation happens.

2 Likes

This is worth like 45% of the MD-83 purchase price

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.