Super hornet video

After watching this I suggest you release it next year are you seriously going to let a 3rd party developer like justflight with there hawk beat a billion dollar company

Let me show you all the problems

Most buttons are inop doesn’t sound good afterburners look awful and why on earth is the pilot wearing a baseball cap

P.s don’t give access to youtubers that don’t put any effort into there videos look up gopensgo291 on youtube that effort Microsoft Flight Simulator GOTY Edition - F/A-18 Super Hornet First Look - YouTube

2 Likes

I would expect Just Flight to do much better than a stock aircraft.

4 Likes

I doubt that anyone familiar with MSFS stock aircraft will be expecting the level of systems modelling that a top-level paid-for third-party aircraft might provide.

As for YouTube video reviews, I’d rather watch one from someone who (a) understood how to operate the Hornet (e.g. using the AoA indexer for landing), and (b) could actually tell us which systems were modelled and which weren’t.

10 Likes

I’m surprised anyone expected anything more than a stock-level aircraft.

It’s a big toy that’s a lot of fun to play with, and a very nice addition for those who don’tv wanna spend money on payware military jets. But the real good stuff is the features it includes that third-party developers will put to good use.

I’m already surprised that the GOTY Edition includes one aircraft (the Porter) which is much above stock level.

You won’t get an advanced fighter jet for free, even if this is likely going to get modded into something much better.

Incidentally, thanks for the “don’t put any effort” part. This video only took 4 hours to make in total, and it accompanies approximately 8,000 words of review and interview. I’m not sure how many YouTubers put that much effort into their coverage. :thinking:

19 Likes

As its free im not complaining if most twiches are inop…If just flight makes the F18 ill be sure to buy it as the Hawk is so good :slight_smile:

I have the aircraft carrier pack from the MS store so im sure i can have a bit of fun out of it

1 Like

Unlikely Just Flight would make one, DC Designs however might bring theirs.

Yeah or them as the F14 is quite good also :slight_smile:

The level of fidelity in the model is second to none. I fly the DC Designs F14 a lot and seeing this makes my eyes water.

1 Like

The best bet when it comes to a really good F/A-18 outside of DCS is going to be from VRS.

4 Likes

Yes, I thought that was strange too.

1 Like

Well the JustFlight Hawk costs around 40,- €, which is about 1/3 of the whole MSFS Premium Deluxe package and you get this F/A 18 (together with three more aircraft and other stuff) for free. So what do you expect? Wasn’t there a saying about gifts and horses that would apply here …? :thinking:

11 Likes

Four more aircraft.

Unless you don’t consider the VoloCity an aircraft, I guess.

1 Like

Really? What’s the fifth? I only had Volocopter, PC-6, Pitts Special and the Hornet.

NX Cub, basically a nose gear version of the cub.

5 Likes

To my concern as an MFS owner,the only thing i cared about this release,was,is and will always be the fact that super sonic speeds are now properly implemented,as well as the collimated HUDS
I hope i am not mistaken about these things i am talking about.

1 Like

You are not. Both are now implemented natively and collected HUDs have already been implemented in the 787 as well.

5 Likes

As long as the flight model is top notch then all is well.

ummmmmmm flight models and MSFS is not exactly the biggest priority at present.

1 Like

Is this even really the same F/A-18 from SU7? How do we know it’s really early access?

will we also get different genuine liveries of the sup hornet ?