Super hornet video

The livery in the video is the only real livery available at the moment, alongside two with “Microsoft Flight Simulator” on them.

I have no idea whether any will be added when the package actually launches.

3 Likes

Do you know if you can add fuel tanks?

Unfortunately, there is absolutely no payload. It’s my biggest gripe with it.

1 Like

Oh that’s a shame thanks

and I expected “Stock” aircraft to be mostly functional so that I would not have to rely on a “third Party” to fix the navigation equipment, which I am not going to do anyway. Seems we were both disappointed.

When has that ever been the case?

I’m glad people are entitled to opinions and the devs just don’t listen to any old person can’t wait to fly the f18 tomorrow

Even if the Hornet isn’t blowing anyone’s mind with systems depth, the key here is it brings elements that TPDs can use to make more complete fighters, like collimated HUDs, afterburner effects, and most importantly, supersonic flight modeling. Just like how the FSX addons opened a lot of doors for addon development.

4 Likes

Good Point and we al know that the devs listen to the corporate $Money Masters$.
But, we all still love the MSFS no matter what. and this was hidden because the community deemed it inappropriate ?

2 Likes

I see nothing wrong with this jet. No doubt you can choose the pilot as option just as others have done. There is no weapons system, so those systems are not functional, same as other planes. Afterburn looks ok. As for sound…it’s on YouTube which is compressed anyways, so not a good way to qualify sound. The modeling of the cockpit looks to be well done, very crisp.

It’s free and it will be fun to fly!

4 Likes

Hmmm I think this looks great for free, gives those a chance who have not really tried Military Jets a bit of a taste, see if it is their thing before investing money in one.

4 Likes

i’m grateful anyway, the sim is on the right path with regard to most of the outstanding aspects, plus we’ll get five brand-new aircraft and more.

at the end of the day, i’m glad that we have msfs2020.

Was that sarcasm? xD

2 Likes

Anyone expecting high end systems depth out of a free default plane in this sim is setting themselves up for disappointment. Particularly when it comes to military jets. As long as basic flight systems are there, their goal is met.

What Microsobo are releasing here is a fun plane that allows people of all skill levels to fly fast whether they use a full fledged cockpit setup or just an Xbox controller.

The more hardcore simmers may be disappointed by the simplicity and lack of systems depth. But this group isn’t the target audience for this plane.

If the Hornet isn’t DLC locked, you can bet modders will be on that and adding in the lacking functionality in time.

5 Likes

And here I am, all giddy because I noticed you can hear the sonic boom from the ground when the aircraft is passing by at 15,000 feet. :joy:

5 Likes

I meant the graphics

1 Like

A bit off-topic, I recently got the F14 in DCS as my first super sonic aircraft there and I tried the same, with my headphones on and a bit louder than necessary. I thought I lost my mind, it felt like I was hit by a train. At my PC! :smiley:

I remember a real sonic boom 20 ish years ago when our airforce still flew low and fast over our village with the Tornados and Phantoms… my grandma almost dropped the spaghettis coming out of the kitchen :rofl:

3 Likes

Asobo’s modelling, texture and sound work has yet to be surpassed by third party developers. Which is to be expected honestly, 3d scanning and working with official CAD files will always be better and more accurate than modelling by hand. Third party developers just don’t have the access or the resources that Asobo/MS do.

Carenado have some pretty sweet 3D modelling as well. I’d say it’s pretty much on par with Asobo planes.

1 Like

I have always thought of FS as being the base platform, similar to Windows. Each comes with stock basic functions. In Windows, you can use notepad to write a letter. Basic and functional. You want a bunch of additional functionality to dress it up, then you purchase and install Word. No different with FS. MSFS comes with some basic stock aircraft. You can also purchase more advanced versions of the same or similar aircraft as time goes on. This applies to most of the functions in FS ie scenery, weather, flight planning, traffic etc.

Like Windows, over the years the base of FS has improved but the additional purchases are always likely to provide more advanced features.

That’s how my expectations are set.

3 Likes