Super hornet video

Totally agree. I also see it as a platform.

However, I also expect the base functionality to work. If you fire up Notepad or Wordpad to write a letter, but it defaults to backwards Cyrillic script which can’t be changed and basic functions like copy / paste don’t work, then that’s a problem. And we’ve seen a lot of that broken base functionality in both the core sim and in default planes over the last 15 months.

Thankfully, the more egregious bugs have been mostly squashed.

2 Likes

The F-18 looks great. The cockpit detailing looks particularly spectacular. Can’t wait to see it in VR.

I suspect a ton of new liveries will start appearing over on flightsim.to literally hours after it launches tomorrow. I’d be surprised if its hidden behind any DRM. I presume Asobo have made it knowing it’ll be a great platform for people to have fun modding.

2 Likes

Since I had a bit of time, I made another video.

This one is all about fun… with sonic booms. :sunglasses:

Yes, they implemented sonic booms, and they’re awesome (and I believe they have the correct physics too) :sunglasses:

12 Likes

is it possible for you to show us some night pictures to see if they improved more the night lightning ?

Also someone asked me to see the formation lights so…

4 Likes

looks super nice, I don’t know. It’s a free fighter jet, probably super fun with VR… you want a study level F18 for free?

1 Like

Its open to modders. Confirmed!

3 Likes

I cannot wait to go head-to-head against these with my DC Designs F14 :slight_smile: Let the games begin… Would be awesome if FS2020 had a “combat” section in the future like the “Air races” addon…

would it be possible to show some images of the new fog/haze?. In the video seems like it looks a bit too yellowish.

thanks!

The way the game is now when you close on an aircraft and get to close it just disappears. It didnt used to be that way, you could fly all around other players aircraft…

Yep, Jorg mentioned during the Q&A it should be moddable and I asked Abriael on Youtube and they didnt see any .fsarchive files so that is great news.

2 Likes

Yes this please @Abriael

Is this what you wanted to see?

The color reflects the lighting, but the base is white.

1 Like

If you wanna learn a lot, check out C.W. Lemoine “Mover” on Youtube. He is a former F-16/18 pilot, now 737, he also got his R-22/44 license recently. He plays DCS/FS2020 and offers many interviews and stories about military and civil aviation and he likes to ruin movies :slight_smile:

We are talking about haze due to high humidity. It’s not fog.

1 Like

Oh, I cannot wait…
Constant Sonic booms over KLAX

1 Like

True story… nothing worse than trying to formation fly with friends only to have them all disappear… Its like high school all over again… :rofl:

2 Likes

5 Likes

Im not sure if i can stand the flickering at the HUD window for long. Lets see.

Getting such a Jane’s F/A-18 nostalgia rush with these cockpit images/videos :cold_sweat:

1 Like