Supersonic flight

in the near future the sim will contain an f-15 and a concord but neither will be capable of supersonic flight. when will the game allow devs to fully implement supersonic flight? can this be implemented soon?

Yea, I don’t see why this can’t be modelled…

1 Like

Actually that’s pretty simple. Asobo just has to change some values in their code like maximum speed and it should be working.

1 Like

given the start to life this sim has had, doing that will probably break 100 other things.

5 Likes

Not really, supersonic flight is more complicated than just higher top speeds, flight dynamics behaviour changes in a lot of ways

2 Likes

Bumping so people see this and add their vote, if desired.

1 Like

Oh yes please!

1 Like

Yes, this is holding back the 3rd party devs that would like to release supersonic AC.

4 Likes

I really want to fly a concord but dc designs said they are waiting on MSFS. This is messed up that they have this limitation. Every other flight sim allowed supersonic flight.

3 Likes

Eh… Give them time. I am flying some in P3D in the meantime!

1 Like

Adding my vote :slight_smile: Many of the aircraft I am waiting to purchase all include breaking the sound barrier as part of their flight envelope.

Humurous aside - Considering how popular going fast is for XBOX players, you’d think this would be a higher priority for MS. :laughing:

Flying at 1.5 mach

1 Like

Nothing on that video verifies his speed.

Try it yourself and see.

Short and simple. The Concorde’s gonna need this to be removed!

1 Like

I believe the recent video published by the Devs is that they’re working on supersonic flight dynamics. Check out the announcements:

2 Likes

Yup, they are already working on supersonic flight per their announcements.

1 Like

Looking forward for supersonic effects. Not very interested on Military airplanes on MSFS, but very much on prototype business a/c. I do hope they add freaking contrails before, though. Unbelievable that they let that out.

1 Like

Are there any updates on the possibility of adding supersonic flight?

2 Likes

My guess is we’ll be seeing that with the update that brings the Top Gun expansion. Would be a bit dumb for them to release fighter jets without supersonic capability. It could happen sooner, of course, but that’s when I’d expect it.

2 Likes