Support for Wide FOV VR headsets (removing Frustum Culling issue)-

NIS at 100% is way too much sharpening, if that’s what you tried. NIS 20-40% is typically better.

1 Like

It doesn’t work for me.
When I activate WFOV Hack the image in my VR headset splits. It’s as if my eyes are not looking in the same direction.

Which version of OpenXR Toolkit are you using?

Also, given that SU10 will address the issue at the source, beware that WFOV Hack will be removed in the next version.

I was using version 1.1.3
I installed 1.1.4 and it solved the problem. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks

Yup! I accidentally broke it in 1.1.3!

Looks like its still an issue with large fov on pimax but causes buggy glitchy views for a frame every once in a while

They fixed the culling, then the large fov occasionally misposed frame…but now Im experiencing a jitter as the headset is rotated. As if motion reprojection or something is goofed. I placed that issue here Large FOV causes glitched frames as rotation in VR occurs

In my beta testing, there still seems to be a glitch in the long distance culling of nameplates when using WFOV.
When multiple players’ nameplates are displayed, the nameplates of players who are relatively far away disappear near the center of the field of view.
If I turn my head 45 degrees to the side, the name plate reappears in the corner of my field of view.

The nearby nameplates seem to appear stable.
Can anyone test to see if a similar phenomenon occurs?

No problem when playing on display, but background flickers beyond 80nm on PIMAX. This is especially noticeable at high altitudes, where the ocean is rendered and flickers even though it is over a continent. Very annoying with dark stars.
Far clips of clouds and terrain in the distance are tight.

Fixed in SU12: Release Notes - Sim Update 12 [1.31.22.0] Available Now