Switching from HP Reverb G2 to HTC Vive Pro (2)

I received my Pro 2 yesterday. I’m on the Windows Store version of FS. I have a 5900X and Kingpin 3090 (custom loop). I have a G2 and PiMax 5K+ (The PiMax is in its box in favor of the G2). I’m using two gen 2 lighthouses and Index controllers.

Right now MSFS is completely unplayable. I need more time to see if there are some setting tweaks I can make to fix some of the issues. FPS is way below the G2, it is a complete slide show. Steam SS doesn’t seem to change anything and I only have the in game SS to adjust. I seem to only get 30FPS max even turning SS way down. I see the GPU utilization go down but the FPS stays at 30. I attempted to use Motion Reprojection while it smoothed out the choppyness it added massive graphical anomalies while in game. As pointed out in other threads the popup menus are broken. Every time you start a flight you will need to use the reset window position button to “fix” them. When I started steam it said it needed to switch off OpenXR. I’m wondering if I switch that back the experience might be better. I’ll work on that today. oh and the Glare is super noticeable, I don’t think night flights are going to be pleasant at all. Up side colors are better and HL:Alyx seems to play nice. I haven’t gotten to any other games.

1 Like