Taxi Navigation Ribbon - Toggle

Hello,
Is there way to show the Taxiway by pressing a key or klick on a button direct in the Sim, like in the ATC menu in the FSX?

I found the option in the assistance menu, but i would like to show the blue arrows for a short time by pressing a key or something else, if I am not sure if I am on the right way.

Thanks for your help,

Best reards
Christoph

3 Likes

That would be much better !!!

1 Like

Yes just like it existed in FSX and P3D, Please enable this feature to turn on and off with a button assignment.

1 Like

I wish there was a programable key stroke to toggle the Taxi Guidance option on and off instead having to go back the a menu

2 Likes

Can an update be made to allow the assistance of the “Taxi Ribbon” be turned on/off via a keyboard shortcut? Don’t normally require this assistance, so I leave it off, but on occasion I can’t find the required gate/parking space after landing. Would be nice to use a keyboard shortcut to turn on the assistance quickly, then turn it off, to find my way. Tks, MIKE

1 Like

Jayne just posted this:

Just adding this point: could be also handful to show the taxi path onto the VFR map, so you can find your way with it in an airport.
Remember having seen that on an FSX mod

I’ve given some thoughts about this for a previous Q&A but this wasn’t discussed. I post the link here for reference:

2 Likes

A key for taxi ribbons
would be nice in VR and 2D.

1 Like

Amen, my friend.

You got my vote!

Yes please. The taxi ribbon is the most obnoxious, immersion killing thing in this sim. Except for maybe the logbook popup at shutdown. Or is it the

2 Likes

I use the Tiny Green version of this mod. It blends well as if it’s a tiny green taxiway light. Give it a try.

2 Likes

But for on and off you do not have a key

i am going to write here just in case i missed it.

Is there a way to show only “TAXI” assistance blue arrows without seeing those UGLY labels so we can have taxi assist similar to that we had in FSX?

NOTE: Without 3rd party addon. I know there is an addon for that.

This would be SO good. Especially considering ever since launch, the marker placed on the screen (i.e. “1.15 NM”) to show you where the runway is doesn’t disappear when I get the the marker, nor does it disappear when I take off, nor does it EVER disappear. So every time I take off I have to pause and go 3 layers deep in the menus to turn off taxi ribbons or I have this stupid marker on my screen for the whole flight!

“652.50 NM” (as I’m landing at my destination airport 4 states over)
 Yeah. Thanks for letting me know!

That’s why you should use the Tiny Taxi Ribbon mod. It would make those marker disappear.

plus reduce the ribbom size, i just need a subtle arrow pointing direction not the full tarmac painted in blue

Just look at 5 post above you.

I don’t want a mod from some stranger trying to get into my wallet to fix a bug that the developers of the program I paid over $100 for should be fixing.

1 Like