TBM 930 AP navigation not working in new release Feb 2023

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

No…I don’t use any

Brief description of the issue:

Hello,
I installed the new MSFS release last night, and found several SERIOUS problems with the Daher TBM 930.
• The RANGE function on the navigation map does not work on the main screen, but it does work on the inset.
• More importantly, the AutoPilot navigation does not work at all in a couple of ways:
o First, when I input the flight plan on the World Map before flying, the flight plan installs on the MFD, you can see it in the flight plan, but several times it did not show up on the map (the pink line showing the course visually.) When I turned on AP, the aircraft flew in circles and never followed the flight plan.
o Twice, out of 6 times, the flight plan did show up on the navigation map and flight plan, but when I turned on the AP after reaching appropriate altitude, the navigation function did not work. The aircraft kept circling around the location where I turned on the AP, even though the pink line showed the course, and the flight plan showed the next waypoint.
o I tried every combination of LOC 1, LOC 2, and FMS on the Active NAV and Nav Source, with the Bearing 1 set on Nav1, Nav2 or FMS…none of them worked.
o The altitude function did work.
• Fortunately, this is not an issue with the Cessna Caravan nor the Airbus A320, two of my other favourites. (I will try other aircraft later.)
The Daher TBM 930 is my favourite aircraft, so this new disfunction is a major disappointment. Besides, even if it worked, I would appreciate if MS can provide the previous version of the Garmin system, as you do with the Cessna 172, so we can choose the one we prefer. This is a very serious bug on one of the most popular aircraft, so please fix this asap.
Thank you.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Just startup the TBM after opening MSFS, and enter the departure and arrival airports on the World View, and either the flightplan loads or doesn’t, but either way the AP navigation does not work

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

i9 processor, 32GB RAM, Gigabyte 3070 GPU…all functions worked fine until last night’s update

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

the latest Feb 2023

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

1 Like

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Garmin G3000/5000 Issues and Support