TBM 930 No working lights (SU12)

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

Taxi and landing lights without function, although the switches work obviously.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

After SU12

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

No.

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

All lights- interior & exterior are working. Tested cold and dark start as well a Fly Now on runway.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Something else causing your issue.
Are you certain everything is removed from the Community Folder?
Maybe a livery from the Marketplace?

1 Like

Moved to #community-support:tech-support especially since defect could not be reproduced / peer validated.

2 Likes

Confirmed all lights working on my TBM as well. Must be something in the Community folder.

I did a complete reinstall last night. After that the lights went as usual. Now I have installed the Honeycomb software, the free FMO Airport and the power lines mod. The result, the lights do not work again. Very strange.

Someone has an idea what it could be?

Maybe the Honeycomb software interfering by sending “lights off” events?

BTW what software have you installed? I have the alpha and bravo and don’t remember installing software. Maybe I forgot? But I just use Spad to bind things.

Yes, it’s definitely a Honeycomb issue. When I disconnect the Bravo and Alpha System , all lights work and are visible. With the Honeycomb system active, something is interfering and the taxi and landing lights aren’t visible (but switched in the cockpit).

I have installed the Honeycomb Software of their homepage. I already tried to delete the software but without success. Still no lights using the Honeycomb. I guess somewhere deep in the system is still some driver running or something else causing my problems.

sounds like you have conflicting bindings in the HoneyComb setup.

OR as I just found out they changed the bindings as I was having the same issue. The lights did not work from my honeycomb, but worked from the sw in the sim. I am using Spad and it took several changes to get them to work

1 Like

I just finished a clean reinstall without installing any honeycomb driver. Empty Community folder. And still the problem exist.

I also tried different methods to bind the lights with On/Off mode and also Set mode. The switches always moving in the right position in the cockpit. Strange, everything was working normal before SU12.

When I switch the Pulse button, the landing lights are turning on and pulsing.

Again, I just did a clean windows (including format the SSD) and flight simulator installation…

Are you using the in game bindings or Spad?

In-game binding. It was working until yesterday, something with the SU12 happened…

When I delete the key bindings and use the mouse to move the light switch, it’s working for both, taxi and landing lights. As soon I bind any key from the Alpha or Bravo the switch is moving but the lights wouldn’t work.

2 Likes

The question is what did they change…

This is how I now have it set up in Spad, and it took this combination for them to work.

Taxi Lights

BoundTo=“BUTTON_25”
“PRESS”>
“SIMCONNECT:LANDING_LIGHTS_SET” /> 0
“SIMCONNECT:TAXI_LIGHTS_SET”> 1

“SIMCONNECT:LIGHT_POTENTIOMETER_10_SET” /> 0
“SIMCONNECT:LIGHT_POTENTIOMETER_2_SET”>100

<"RELEASE">
  "SIMCONNECT:TAXI_LIGHTS_SET" />0

Landing Lights

BoundTo=“BUTTON_23”
“PRESS”>
=“SIMCONNECT:LANDING_LIGHTS_SET”>1

“SIMCONNECT:LIGHT_POTENTIOMETER_10_SET”>100

“SIMCONNECT:LIGHT_POTENTIOMETER_2_SET” />0
“SIMCONNECT:TAXI_LIGHTS_SET” />0

"RELEASE">
  <"SIMCONNECT:LANDING_LIGHTS_SET" />0

And the real question is what else did they change?

1 Like

Same for me. I am running the vanilla sim and the taxi and landing lights are not working even though the toggle switches are functional.
It needs two times to make them work

1 Like

I can confirm that! Same for me on a Thrustmaster Joystick

1 Like

That was a waste of 3 hours!

This got messed up in the update, as there is no way in sim to get these lights to work with an in sim binding. Even the in sim keyboard bindings are broken for this plane.

This just validated the ~$28 for Spad.next. I am so glad I DON’T use the in sim bindings

@CasualClick Since apparently some of us have this problem with the TBM, wouldn’t it be better kept in the Bug Report subforum?

1 Like

If it’s working with stock sim configuration (and some of the replies do confirm that), it can’t go into Bug Reports. Sounds like the issue needs to go back to Honeycomb for investigation. That’s usually the approach.

2 Likes

My problem is that the Honeycomb Landing/Taxi lights switches are two independent switches whereas the switch in the TBM 930 is on a three-way switch. To get the lights working on the Honeycomb I have to switch the position of the Landing/Taxi Light in Flight Simulator to either one for that one to work on the Honeycomb, but I have to keep using the switch in Flight Sim which defeats the switches on the Honeycomb. The same Landing/Taxi light switches on the Honeycomb work perfectly in other aircraft that have independent switches.

2 Likes