TBM 930 Throttle stuck in right position after Sim Update 5

The same Issue here

I also notice that if you hit ESC and then resume, the throttle returns to the right side and the engine cuts out, a left and right click on the mouse will drag it back but surely this is a bug?

3 Likes

Same problem here…

1 Like

I’m just now reading about the dual click remedy, but I also found that using my Prop axis works well too. In the past, I always started a TBM flight with both the Prop and Condition axes set to full and never touched them. With the new change, I start with the Condition at 100% as usual, but the Prop is full back. Once I hit high idle in the start sequence, I just move the Prop to full forward and the TBM’s lever pops right over to the left. With the power at idle, moving the Prop fully back sends the lever back to the right/feathered position. I’ll also be trying the click method a little later.

2 Likes

I really hate this update. My issue was that my control’s axis were inverted. If you are using a propeller axis and its inverted, or if both prop and throttle axis are inverted you need to uninvert them.

conditions to fix issue.

1. make sure your axis are inverted
  2. Make sure your propeller axis is set to 100% position
  3. Test throttle axis, it should now move properly .

Works great, glad I read along to find it.

1 Like

Same for me !

1 Like

Once you get to high idle:
Place mouse over power lever
Hold left-click button
Tap right-click button
Done.

14 Likes

The 2 cliks works for me as well. Thanks to whom discovered that. It’s also closer to real…

1 Like

Unfortunately it will revert to the first position any time you hit escape and sometimes even without that, so if you suddenly find your engine dying, do the two click shuffle again.

My PFC Throttle Quadrant worked fine prior to the update. And, it still works with all the other aircraft, but not the TBM. My previous process was to start with mouse to go into low idle, and then at 51% move over to high idle with the mouse. My throttle would take over after that. Now it doesn’t work at all for the TBM. GEESH!

1 Like

If you have an axis set for what would be the prop lever on other planes, try starting with that fully forward and leave it there. I’ve only had time to do a little testing, so I haven’t done a full flight yet.

Surely this can’t be expected behavior?

Same for me.
When I push 100% throttle it stay to the right side. Before U5 the throttle move to left when I push it to the maximum. I have TWCS Throttle.

Before patch of yesterday I setter Throttle Axis 1 and was not bad but not perfect when I decreased to 0% , it comeback to the right and shutdown the engine…

solution found here @tclayton2k for me
Once you get to high idle:
Place mouse over power lever
Hold left-click button
Tap right-click button
Done.

3 Likes

Thanks
This work very well for me :slight_smile:

Same Problem. Engine cuts off. Mouse, Joystick, TCA Airbus Throttle Quadrant…nothing is working. Solutions posted here also not working. Unable to fly TBM!

I got it to the throttle position by cycling my prop lever, which isn’t part of this airplane.

2 Likes

No, but it is part of the background code which makes it run the way it does. Essentially, TBM power handle on the right = prop lever fully back (feathered position), while power handle on the left = prop lever at 100%.

I have a Honeycomb Throttle Quadrant, configured per RMag’s excellent YouTube video. Prior to the update it was working perfectly using the Prop lever to traverse from one side to the other and back again, and the throttle was working as well. Pulling the throttle past the detent activated the reversers. The throttle axis is now completely dead, I tired reversing it, deleting the binding and redoing it, and none of that has worked. The prop lever does get the Throttle to move from right to left and back again. It is acting as if the throttle is in the reverser position 100% of the time, even when it is not. I’m done with the TBM until this is fixed.

The odd thing is the throttle axis on all of my other planes is working fine.

1 Like

same here with my Thrustmaster TCA throttle, none of the solutions offered in this thread work, when I switch to the left with propeller axis, as soon as I engage the throttle axis it moves back to the right.